Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I've had a busy few days stitching, despite a nasty stomach bug that laid me low for a day. I'm over it now - the bug that is, not the stitching! lol...I've made some excellent progress on Cottage Garden Fairy. She was feeling very neglected but I've decided that I absolutely positively must spend more time on my existing wips instead of going off on a tangent all the time. Anyway, here's CGF so far...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That skirt just seems to go on and on and on!
I've also finished Anne Boleyn needlebook...front...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting back..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and open...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Vikki Clayton silks arrived today for With My Needle's 'Alphabet Samplings Book', but I'm trying to resist the temptation to start until I've had a big finish. CGF is the nearest to that happy state so I guess that's my focus at the moment. I'm also on the lookout for a pretty laying tool to use as the alphabet sampling's book's fastener.

I've asked Pete for a new sewing machine for my birthday. I bought a cheap one last year which was OK for what I use it for, but you may remember I had an accident and dropped it. Pete managed to get it going again but it's never been right since, and it would cost more to fix than the machine cost in the first place. There's some really good deals at the moment so I've asked for a better machine. I only really use one for needlework 'finishing' and zigzagging my edges, but I find I'm using it far more than I thought I would so I think it's worth investing in a decent machine.

Finally, here's the pic I just took from my desk window...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

jymisgurl said...

CGF looks great! You'll have it finished soon! And the needlebook is gorgeous!