Thursday, May 25, 2006

Look what I got today! After telling Pete yesterday that I wanted a new sewing machine for my birthday, he only went and bought me a new machine today! It's a Toyota Quiltmaster 'Quilt 50' and as well as doing all the usual things you'd expect it also has various quilting functions and attachments (you'd never guess that from the name, would you? ;-p). I've been playing with it this afternoon and I love it to bits! When my old machine worked properly I always thought it sewed ok, but the new one is so much easier to use and has a much smoother action. It even threads the needle for you - what more could a girl ask for? I might even have a bash at quilting one of these days! LOL. Got to show willing, haven't you?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Congrats on the new machine, it sounds amazing... Pete is a keeper!

Love the picture you posted of your view yesterday, so tranquil! CGF and your needlebook look great too. Your fabric for CGF is perfect.

natty68 said...

Ooooh you lucky thing - thats a very nice sewing machine and it sounds amazing.

*Hugs*

jymisgurl said...

What a nice sewing machine! That was weet of your hubbie to buy it!

Carol said...

How sweet of him to buy you a new machine. Hope you have lots of fun with it!!

Stitchie Kiwi said...

Wooohooo! I know the best thing I did was buy myself a new sewing machine a couple of years ago :) Enjoy!

Singular Stitches said...

What a wonderful gift!!! :o)

Sam said...

What a lovely gift. So is it an early birthday present or do you get something else on your big day? ;o)

Karen's Blog said...

Wow Gill. I am so jealous. Your new machine looks fabulous. What a great present!!!