Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Well, we're finally in our new home....not without a few dramas which I won't bore you with now. The upstairs - which is where we live - is mostly unpacked and habitable, but the garage and the rumpus room downstairs are still full of boxes. My new fridge had to come in over the balcony after the delivery men declared it wouldn't go up the stairs and the freight men shamed them into trying another route, because they were just going to leave it on the drive!

I love, love , LOVE living here! The view is just beautiful, and waking up to that every morning is something special. We've been out cycling round the lake, the kids have given the pool a test run, and we even had a pelican sitting on our back fence yesterday morning!

On the stitching front, I've been reunited with my stash :D and finally finished Forest Goddess last night. I've taken a picture but I'll wait till we get broadband connected again in a few days before I post a pic because uploading them using dial-up is excruciatingly slow. Actually I've got loads of photos waiting for that happy event! LOL. I also want to show you Bunnies In The Garden, which I completed while we were staying in the Travelodge before we left the UK, and I finished it into the needlebook when we were in the holiday house shortly after we got here.

Oh, and BTW, sorry I haven't been commenting on people's blogs very much recently...I have been reading them when I can but I've had severely curtailed internet access for the last couple of months. I'll be back to normal very soon.

7 comments:

Heather said...

That's great news Gill, that you're near enough finally settled. Can't wait to see some of your finishes very soon.

Stitchie Kiwi said...

Nice to see you Gill! ... I'm pleased your settled and loving it.

Looking forward to seeing the stitchie pictures!

Sam said...

Looking forward to seeing your first Aussie HD :o) Your new place sounds so idyllic Gill - can't wait to see some piccies!

Terri said...

Glad to hear you're so happy!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new home and the surrounding area.

Carol said...

Glad to hear you're happy in your new home.
Can't wait see all those pics and HDs

Scully said...

Glad to hear that you have settled in well gill. It does sound a lovely place :)
I look forward to seeing FG and your other finishes.

Karen's Blog said...

Hi Gill,

Glad you're getting settled. It was lovely cahtting the other day:)