Saturday, June 03, 2006

Stitching Roll, Mark II

...and for a completely different look...here's my second attempt. The finishing on this one is much better (I'm on a steep learning curve here guys ;-) ) even though in the photos it looks wonky. It isn't really, believe me, but for some reason I can't get a photo where it looks 'square'. I've modified this one still further, more suited to a cross-stitcher's needs than a dressmaker's. I found some really pretty mother-of-pearl rings in Spotlight yesterday so I've added more rings to this version, and added a needlepage because let's face it, a pincushion is OK for parking your needle in while you're working but you can't store them in it while it's rolled up. I also used batting on this one which the pattern called for but I didn't have first time around, and being the impatient hussy I am I couldn't wait for morning so just subbed thick interfacing on the first one. That looks OK, but the second version looks more quilted which is nice. So now I have a 'spare'! Anyway, without further ado, here's the photos....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

a close-up of the mother-of-pearl rings...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and the inside...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Wow... I *love* it!

I think the changes you made were perfect for stitchers!!

Karoline said...

It's lovely Gill, congratulations

Yany said...

Is lovely Gill!! looks so pretty, congratulations!!

Singular Stitches said...

Very nice! I'm so glad to see that you're having a ball with your new toy!!! :o)

mookers79 said...

Looks very nice!!