Monday, June 19, 2006

Urgh...I think my eyes are going to explode...last night I accidentally knocked over a bead caddy with the contents of about 20 packs of Mill Hill beads. Pete, Louise and I had to scrabble about on the floor sweeping them out of the carpet, and I spent last night and this morning sorting the bloody things with a pair of tweezers. I was seriously tempted to just bin the lot, but until Pete starts work I can't afford to write off that many. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting to sorting through beads!

On a brighter note, I've progressed a little with Enchanted Mermaid -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm glad now I chose this fabric. I agonised for ages over which to use, because I didn't want something too overpowering as she's very bling already.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I can feel your pain in having to sort out those beads Gill.

Your stitching looks great.

Concetta said...

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about the beads, Gill... one of my worst stitching nightmares! EM is looking fantastic though, you're such a fast stitcher. Makes me want to start her now too!

Faith Ann said...

I would have picked up all the beads and sorted them too... it takes too long to order new ones LOL.

artystitches said...

How irritating that would of drove me mad sorting out all them beads!

the fabric you chose looks just right.

Yany said...

Your EM is looking beautiful Gill, congratulations!!
And I'm sorry about your beads accident :( I know the feeling...(I did the same with the MMV beads when I received them..)
Hugs

Singular Stitches said...

Lovely progress!

Oh, no! I don't envy you the task of sorting all of those beads. Good luck!