Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Well, despite my best intentions, I didn't get a whole lot of stitching done this weekend. My younger brother came up to visit. He's a volunteer Bushfireman, and had been on a call-out just before driving up so he turned up still wearing his fireman's suit which impressed the kids no end. For those who don't live in Oz, bushfires are a regular and very real danger. Particularly in the summer, when everything is tinder-dry, they can spread like lightning and cover huge areas, and can change direction in a flash. Very, very dangerous and unpredictable. The 'Bushies' are a group of volunteers who are trained to fight them, which is a whole different ballgame to fighting a house fire. These brave men walk the line every year to save people's homes with no thought of payment and my admiration of them knows no bounds. It scares me that 'little' bro does this, but I'm also very, very proud of him.

Anyway, the reason I didn't get a lot of stitching done is because we started drinking some of the wine we got free with the fridge...I wasn't expecting it to
be up to much since it was free, but it turned out to be very drinkable.....a little *too* drinkable, if you catch my drift! LOL It was Ok though, amazingly I didn't suffer the consequences and felt a lot better than I deserved to the next morning.

But, CGF hasn't been totally neglected, and here's the proof...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm getting quite close to a finish with this one, just a teeny bit of skirt and a small part of the bluey scarf thing, and then the beads. I just need to try and stay focussed because my attention keeps drifting off to other pastures. Like making another of these...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm improving with each one of these I make, but I think I'd better give it a rest with these now before the house fills up with them! LOL!

And finally, we've had a wet, dreary few days here, but there are always some compensations....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

mookers79 said...

Cottage Garden Fairy looks lovely, and you're getting very good at making those stitching rolls! Nice progress! :)

Kiwi Jo said...

You are making me jealous with all your wondeful photos taken from your office :) I'm so glad that you are enjoying being back home. It really comes through in your posts.

Great work on the sewing rolls too!

Faith Ann said...

I love the pics of everything!!

You must be so happy to be back home in Australia and close to your family. That sounds like quite a scary "volunteering" position.

Karoline said...

Great progress on Cottage Garden Fairy and the sewing roll in lovely

Autumn said...

Well, you know, if those sewing rolls start piling up, I know someone you could send one to! Ha ha ha!

jymisgurl said...

The picture of the rainbow is gorgeous!