Monday, July 31, 2006

Good Stash Day....

My fabric for PR 'The Night' finally arrived this afternoon! I was starting to get a bit concerned but when it arrived the envelope had a big sticker on it saying it had been opened by Quarantine for some bizarre reason, so that explains the delay. The fabric is just lovely and tied up with ribbon, which I thought was a nice touch. But what really put a smile on my face was that Laura (Laura Lattuada - PRs designer) had included a PR scissor fob and some Venus threads as a gift. She really is a sweetheart! I don't know where they've been stored, but they all smell lovely too, I think it's sandalwood....come to think of it maybe that's why quarantine opened it if the sniffer dogs caught an unfamiliar scent....lol



Coincidentally, today I also received the chart for PR Winter Beauty Princess, which I'd ordered from an Ebay shop. It's been a Passione Ricamo kind of day all round! Now I just need to finish Stitching the Standard and I'll make a start on The Night.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

What a lovely thing for Laura to do. Congrats on your stash - any stashy day is a great day. And I just cannot believe how fast you're going on Stitching the Standard!

Jenn said...

Wow you are flying on Stitching the Standard! I can't wait to see it finished.

What a nice package of stash you got. The smell is probably what made the dog single out your package. :)

Sam said...

How lovely of Laura! :o) Go Gill, go... I can't wait to see you start The Night.

vEr0n!c@ said...

What a wonderful mail day. That's really nice of Laura to send you complimentary threads and scissors fob too. I love all Passione Ricamo charts and is at the moment stitching Romantic Stitcher though it's pretty slow going for me. By the way, love how Stitching the Standard is turning out. Can't wait to do a HD with you.

Sheila said...

Lovely colour fabric, scissor fob and threads - nice stash :)
I see you have some of those nifty needles too - you are zooming on Stitching the Standard!

M said...

I can't wait to watch your "Night" progress.

I'm a little jealous, Laura sent me some Venus floss when I ordered my Winter Beauty Princess as well, but no scissor fob. Guess maybe if I'da ordered the fabric as well, eh?!! :o)

Happy day!