Friday, July 28, 2006

SBQ

This week's SBQ was suggested by Von and is:

Many of us have a few pairs of embroidery scissors and some even have a 'collection'. How many pairs of scissors do you have? Feel free to share a photo of your favorite pair or pairs with us!

I wouldn't describe it as a collection because that implies a deliberate intention, but I have acquired a few pairs over the years. Here's a pic of my scissor 'collection'

On the left of the photo are my Dovos, the ones I mostly use. The blue handled ones next to them are my metallics scissors. The others are just various scissors I've accumulated, most of them have been my main pair at some point in their lives. The tiny ones didn't reign long because they were just dreadful and blunt, and I really don't know why I've still got them. The manky red handled pair on the right are the sharpest pair I've ever owned, but they just look such a mess once the enamel chipped away from the handles.

Update on Stitching the Standard - my lady has a face now!

I'm getting a bit frustrated waiting on the post...I'm stalking the mailman waiting for my fabbie for 'The Night', and a few other things. Patience is a virtue I don't possess in measurable amounts, and I want it all NOW! Waaah! lol

8 comments:

Faith Ann said...

That face is amazing!!

I've got a green pair of scissors that look similar to your red ones... it's so annoying to have little chips of enamel come off! (I still end up using them all the time though.)

Rava said...

Wow Gill, I cant believe how fast you are stitching! Your lady is looking beautiful!

I love the beaded fobs on your scissors too - so pretty :)

M said...

Wow. She's cool Gill. I'm impressed by your 1-overs. I have absolutely NO patience for that stuff. I'd as soon burn it as do it. But hey, yours is awful pretty.

Amy said...

Wow! You are one fast stitcher, Gill. She is gorgeous already. Such a delicate face.

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

That face is fantastic! It looks like a painting.

zoeandcooper said...

She is ablsolutly stunning. You are doing a great job! This is definitly on my list of freebies to do now:)

jymisgurl said...

That is beautiful! It looks wonderful!

Sam said...

She's lovely Gill! I think I have this freebie somewhere... note to self - must dig it out! ;o) Great scissor & fob collection too.