Tuesday, July 25, 2006

She's finished! I sat up till one am beading but finally had to admit defeat and go to bed...but now the last beads have gone on and Enchanted Mermaid is done. Mira chart photos never do justice to the finished piece, but I can't believe just how much more spectacular this one is IRL than the chart pic. I think there's about 2500 beads and it glitters like you wouldn't believe, although I just can't capture it on camera, and the colours are stunning. Even Pete was impressed and he usually just says 'yes, that's nice'. LOL

Oh, you want to see her? ;-) Well OK then...

12 comments:

zoeandcooper said...

Yay, congrats on the finish. She is lovely!

Alison said...

Oh Gill she looks gorgeous. You must bring her to the TW GTG for show & tell, OK?

Alison.

cathymk said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations on your finish! It's made me rethink the fabby mine is on at the moment (just the head and hair done so far so not to much work to scrap).

M said...

She is stunning. You do incredible "work". :o) Congrats!!

Now to the big question ... to glaze or not to glaze. :o)

Lnanaa said...

It looks great! She blends well with the fabric. :)

Faith Ann said...

Oh my gosh... she's gorgeous!! I love those colours!!

If I ever got more than a "that's nice" from my husband, I'd probably faint from shock LOL.

jymisgurl said...

Stunning! It's gorgeous! And you finished so quick! Absolutely wonderful!
And my hubbie has a rule. He'll look and tell me how pretty it is when I'm finished, but don't show him before that.

Yany said...

She's fantastic Gill!! and you are, as always, an inspiration with you beautiful work :)

Melanie said...

So gorgeous! I really love the fabric, and you've taken a great photo - it shows all her sparklies :)

Sam said...

Well done Gill! She is one utterly beautiful mermaid :o) Are you sure you don't want to start another Mira...? Go on...!

Heather said...

She is absolutely stunning Gill. This is one I would definitely stitch. I absolutely love your fabric too.

Isabella said...

Oh God, she's just gorgeous and her face is so delicate ! congratulations ! it's a wonderful job !