Thursday, July 20, 2006

The sound of silence...

Pete started his new job on Monday...the kids started at their new school this morning..and for the first time in months I have the house to myself. I'm sure I don't know what I'll do with myself....Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The kid's new school looks really nice. It's a tiny little school of only about 170 pupils...only one class per year! I have two schools about an equal distance from me, but the first one I tried to speak to couldn't give me an answer as to whether we are in their drawing area or not. I phoned about 4 times and each time I was told the person I needed to speak to wasn't there/was in a meeting/add the excuse of your choice, but they would definitely phone me back. I hardly need say that they didn't, so in the end I thought 'sod 'em' and phoned the other. I'm so glad I did because it seems really nice. It has a beautiful, large playing area with grass and plenty of trees for shade, and four of the 7 class teachers are 2 married couples! Everyone knows everyone else.

Not a lot to report on the stitching front...I'm still plugging away with Enchanted Mermaid, although obviously the move put a bit of a dent in my progress.



I've got the urge for a new start but am making myself finish EM first. It helps that I'm awaiting delivery of supplies for Passione Ricamo 'The Night' because I'm thinking that might be my next start. It's ages since I've done a PR (in fact I've only stitched one so far) but I do love Laura's designs. I also want to start Gingerbread Garden (and a few other things)..I think I'm going to have to give up sleep! LOL

Is anyone else having problems with Blogger? I'm having trouble leaving comments on a lot of blogs, and can't even open the comments to read them on some! And yet others I have no trouble with...strange. Anyways...if I sometimes comment on your blog and I haven't for a while - now you know why.

11 comments:

jymisgurl said...

Your EM is gorgeous! The school issue seems to have worked out for the best! I've heard other people are having problems with the comments on Blogger, too.

zoeandcooper said...

Wow, she is looking so lovely! Have fun with the empty house. Mom will play while the kids are away:)

M said...

She's Beautiful!! I've been thinking of "Night" from PR but o' course I now have the WBP to play with.
Blogger has random bad days and nights. I see people complaining every once in awhile.

So are your kids not out for summer? Things different down there I take it?

Gill said...

It isn't summer here Michelle...they have their long summer break Christmas through January here.

M said...

The Sun is from Pamela Kellogg, it's called "Spread a Little Sunshine". It's a freebie I got off Michael's website.

Waddaya mean it's not summer there? Doesn't EVERYONE'S countries revolve around the USA's schedule?!! :o) Sorry for my American ignorance, I just assumed everyone had summer in July, autumn in October, etc. :o)

Actually, that's kinda fascinating.

Melanie said...

Hooray, I can comment! Thanks Gill :) Enjoy that silence, it must be wonderful - you'll have EM finished in no time.

Kathy said...

Ooo I bet its great having the place to yourself at last lol. your Mermaid looks fantastic.

Enjoy the peace and quiet

Hugs xxxxxxx

Goldie said...

I'm so impressed with your progress! Your mermaid looks beautiful against that fabric! BTW, I've been meaning to ask you what fabric you stitch that Shepherd's Bush stocking on? Did you use the 18ct linen and #5 perle cotton?

Yany said...

Your mermaid is lovely, you'll finish her in no time!!
I'm thinking of start PR Autumn Fairy, she does such a beautiful designs :)

Jenn said...

EM is looking great! What fabric are you stitching her on? It's just lovely.

Sam said...

EM is really gorgeous Gill! Must be lovely to have the house back to yourself again ;o)