Sunday, July 02, 2006

Thank you all for the good wishes for my birthday! :-)

Yesterday was a heck of a day....
Pete and I went down to Sydney again to look for a house. We had reservations as to whether our furniture would fit into the one we saw the other day so we wanted to keep looking in case there was something better. This time we left the kids at my brother's house so they got to spend the day with their cousins rather than traipse around behind us all day.

The Sydney rental market is chaos! Many places do an 'open house' once a week for available rentals, and everyone who's interested has to turn up then - sometimes it's only a 10 minute window!! There's a shortage of good properties so often 20 - 30 people will show up for a viewing. Forewarned is forearmed though...we found one place that looked very promising so we filled in the application forms in the car whilst waiting for the viewing. We made sure we were first through the door, and then we each checked out half the house, each gave the OK for the half we'd seen, and then hotfooted it back to the Realtors to put in our application. We spent less than 2 minutes in the property, but we still beat the next applicant to the post by only 5 minutes! Anyway, ours went in first, so we get first bite of the cherry - as long as our application is acceptable, (and the realtor can't see any reason why it shouldn't be) the house will be our new home.

Would you like to see it? Here's some pics from the webpage -






And the icing on the cake is...it's only a hop, skip and a jump from Castle Hill, where I've been reliably informed there's a good LNS called Stitchabout....

Talking of stitching, I ordered my first Mystic Stitch chart on Friday. I can't recall having seen any of these stitched so I don't know how they stitch up. This is what I ordered...


I just love this design. It's a Maxine Gadd piece - there's a whole range of birthstone ladies and this is April Diamond.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Fingers crossed for the new house Gill! :o)

Heather said...

Fingers crossed for the new house. That chart looks amazing. I can't wait to see your first WIP of it soon.

M said...

Good luck w/the house hunting! I love that pattern.

Rava said...

I love Mystic Stitch charts! I have "Kisha" by Maxine Gadd all kitted up and ready to go :)

Stitchabout is a great shop btw! its not local for me - Im in Perth, Western Australia but Helen was really helpful when I gave her a tinkle and I even managed to buy some elusive q-snaps from her (11"x17") with a 3" extender kit!

Singular Stitches said...

The house is lovely!!

How great to be really close to a LNS. (Don't they always say, "Location, location, location!" :o)