Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on EM. They are - as always - very much appreciated! :) Alison, I will definitely bring her along for 'show and tell' LOL.

I'm still waiting for my fabric for PR 'The Night', which I had planned as my next big start. So instead of working on one of my existing WIPs like a good girl should ;) I started this...

It's 'Stitching The Standard', a freebie from Solaria. The skin and hair are all over one so I've been doing the over two stitching first. It shouldn't take too long though, even with all the over one.

My Rainbow Gallery threads and treasures for The Night arrived yesterday afternoon though, so now I'm all set to go when the fabric does arrive. I ordered the Italian linen for it. Usually I'm all about hand dyeds for PRs and Miras and such, but I decided for this design a hand dyed would be too blotchy if you know what I mean...the night sky isn't blotchy (unless it's cloudy of course lol)but dark and velvety. I can't wait to start it!
I've also got a SW solo coming. I promised myself I would stay away from the solos and try to use up some of what I already have, but there you go. It's a few inches wider than a FQ though so it should be useful for one of my charts that's a bit too big for a FQ, of which I have a few.

2 comments:

zoeandcooper said...

The Night is such a pretty piece. Can't wait to see your start.

Faith Ann said...

Ooooh... it looks like Night is going to be quite sparkly too. I love that fabric!