Monday, July 03, 2006

We got the approval for that house this morning! We move next Monday. The packers will be here on Saturday to...well...pack. Mum and Dad arrive back late Friday night from the UK, you might remember they had to fly over when my Nan passed away and they've had to sort out her affairs. So no sooner do they get back than we're off to Sydney! Oh well, can't be helped, and it's not that far away really. Actually, they're talking about moving themselves. With me and my younger brother in Sydney now and my older brother in Gosford it makes sense for them to somewhere between the two.

Latest progress pic of Enchanted...that pale turquoise in the middle of her tail is very close to fabric colour. It won't matter as it's surrounded by darker colours, but my goodness was it tedious to stitch! There is a bit more of it elsewhere but I've done the bulk of it now.

I sent my Biscornu off today for the exchange. Hopefully it won't take to long to arrive and then I can show you pictures.

Oh, Rava - I've been trying to comment on your blog, but Blogger won't let me.

9 comments:

zoeandcooper said...

She looks wonderful...you are speeding away with her.

Faith Ann said...

Congratulations on getting everything all settled so quickly for your next move! It sounds like you were really lucky to get the house you did... I hope you like it as well as this one!! Good luck!!!

Carol said...

Your mermaid looks great.
Good luck on yoor move!

Kathy said...

Wow Gill you Mermaid looks fantastic, I think once I have finished MotDB, I will have to do this one next. The Material is georgeous

Hugs xxxxx

jymisgurl said...

WOW! It's gorgeous! You're really flying through it! It's even more beautiful on that fabric!

Singular Stitches said...

You've made excellent progress!

M said...

YEA!! for the move! I know where you can get a REAL nice chair for fairly cheap. heh.

Sam said...

She's totally utterly gorgeous Gill! I hope that your move goes without a hitch :o)

Jenny said...

Your mermaid is coming out beautifully - I love the fabric you choose and I know what you mean about it being tedious to stitch the one color - that happened to me when I did cottage Garden Fairy. Like you, the matching color was surrounded by darker colors -but boy was it a headache to stitch it in!