Friday, July 07, 2006

Well, it's official...we went down to Sydney again today to sign the lease so the house is officially ours on Monday. It should have been from today, but there was a slight hiccup with the previous tenant - the agent explained it all but it didn't make a lot of sense to be honest. We did get to go round and have a longer look at the house though. The lounge is a little smaller than I remembered but otherwise it's great. I've actually seen the whole house now! LOL. The only complaints are 1/ the Queenslander room (a kind of conservatory affair on the back of the house) was obviously used to keep dogs in because it reeked like a kennel. I like dogs as much as anyone, but the smell in there was enough to make your eyes water. Anyway, we've been assured a cleaning team will give the house a once-over this weekend so hopefully that will take care of the doggy smell, and 2/ The pool filter pump isn't working properly, and we've also been assured that will be fixed asap.

And since we were in the area, I persuaded Pete to take a ride over to Castle Hill to see if we could find that LNS I was told about. We did find it (eventually) and it's good for some things, like kits and charts, but they didn't seem to have things like Kreiniks or beads. They've only been open a short while though apparently so perhaps that'll improve. They did have a full range of Stitches and Spice fabric and I might have been tempted if Pete hadn't been hovering at the time but I would have a hard time justifying more fabric to him! LOL. I bought some bits for an exchange I'm in, and also bought myself Passione Ricamo 'The Night'. Now I just need the fabric, treasures and Rainbow Gallery threads for it.

I might not be around much for a couple of weeks - it generally takes that long to switch Broadband over to the new house and so I'll be back to dial-up for a short time. See you then!

3 comments:

Concetta said...

Good luck with the move, Gill!

Carol said...

Congratulations on your new house!

Singular Stitches said...

Good luck with the move!