Friday, August 04, 2006

I've got a busy weekend ahead....I'm off to a GTG tomorrow, which I'm really looking forward to! Can you believe I've never met any stitchers in real life before? I tried to get to one in the UK but my plans went awry when Pete's work schedule was changed at short notice, and he didn't arrive home in time to have the kids. I've been going through my stuff trying to decide what to take for 'show and tell'.

On Sunday we're heading up the coast to my parent's place for the day. I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to that too.

All things considered, I don't suppose I'll have much stitching time this weekend. I've made good progress on The Night though.
*sigh* Once again, Blogger decides to play silly bloggers and won't upload photos. Back to Photobucket again....

If you're not familiar with the design, this is what it will look like when it's done...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The chart pic gives no real impression of how pretty it is IRL though. Here's how far I've got after two days work on it...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The white lacy thing and the darker shades on her cloak are blended with Peite Treasure Braid which gives it a beautiful shimmer and really is evocative of the sky at night. I was a little unsure about one of the skin colours when I first saw it, I thought it was a bit too orangey, but when you add the other colours it does work.

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Lucky you going to a GTG. You'll have a wonderful time.
I can't believe how quickly you stitched "Stitching the Standard" - do you ever sleep?

zoeandcooper said...

She looks spectacular. You are making such quick progress on her. Have fun at your GTG!!

Seahorse said...

She's very pretty! Enjoy your GTG!

M said...

Oh gawd ... take the Mermaid! Put her in a contest and WIN!! I love that one. :o) But you knew that.

I love the progress you're making on Night.

Michelle said...

Boy that's pretty! You've made some great progress. I have never stitched a PR design - now I might have to!

Jenn said...

You are moving along so quickly with Night. You'll have it done in no time!

Jenna said...

I love The Night. I'm really going to enjoy following your progress on her. Gorgeous!

Nicola said...

She's looking lovely so far, you're making great progress on her. Enjoy your GTG, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!