Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Look what I've been doing! Remember the quilt kit I had on my birthday? I finally got around to making it. I'm so pleased with it too. I've been wanting to make a quilt for years. OK, an expert quilter would doubtless find a gazillion flaws in it, but to paraphrase Frank N Furter - I didn't make it for them! LOL

You don't get an impression of the size from the pic. It's smaller than a bed quilt, but it would cover you up pretty well if you were having a snooze! ;-)It took me two days to make.

CamSam has been moving along too...I've finally finished the 4 sided stitch, which seemed endless!

Here's a close up where you can actually see the 4 sided stitch
Finally I received my fabric from the Stab & Stash sale...Sunrise and Baby Blues

14 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Your quilt is beautiful!!

The border is gorgeous in Camelot Sampler :)

artystitches said...

Looks lovely, i have made a few myself and nobody showed me how to do them, so be proud of yourself.

And remember practice makes perfect.

zoeandcooper said...

Both of your pieces look fantastic. I love the colors in your quilt!

jymisgurl said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Your border looks great! And your fabric is to dye for!

Michelle said...

Your quilt is exquisite! I love the colors in it. And it is a perfect size for a nap! Glad you were able to enjoy yourself sewing it!

Terri said...

Gill I think your quilt is just beautiful! I love the colors. I don't remember your posting about receiving it and am wondering if it's Blackbird Designs' tin kits?

Jenna said...

The quilt looks gorgeous to me. :) I didn't realize that CanSam's border was so intricate, though I shouldn't be surprised with a TW design. Great work!

Amy said...

Two days?? I pieced a quilt once several years ago, but it took me days! Never did finish it.

CamSam's border looks fab!!

Darla said...

Wow!

And I cheat like crazy on the 4-Sided Stitch: backstitch one direction, cross over and backstitch the other direction, then do ladder rungs back the original direction. :blush

Sam said...

Your quilt is gorgeous Gill! I can't believe it only took 2 days :o) CamSam is looking great too.

Karoline said...

Your quilt is lovely Gill, CamSam is looking great

Leah said...

I adore the colours of your quilt! Great work!!

TwistedCandles said...

The quilt is beautiful!!!!

I was looking at the Stab and Stash site the other day. Found several fabrics I would love to have. Tammy really does have some beautiful colors.

Singular Stitches said...

The quilt is gorgeous!!!