Wednesday, August 02, 2006

OK, I can hear you laughing out there....I have a knack for freakish accidents, alright? LOL If you must know, I bruised my ankle when I dropped a heavy, stainless steel cooking spoon and it hit me point down. I have to confess I was a bit shocked at just how much it swelled up, and by the size of the damage it caused. The swelling has mostly subsided, but I'm left with a big circular bruise about 3 inches across!

More lovely, stitchy post today! I received a piece of fabric from Stab & Stash called Sea Breeze - it's the first time I've tried their fabrics, and it's lovely, also a pair of Dinky Dyes scissors that I ordered because, well, I need more scissors...obviously. ;-b These were just to cute to resist.



I've made a small start on The Night. This design is just full of Treasure Braid so far - the chart pic gives no idea of just how sparkly it really is. Also, the fabric for this is absolutely huge, and so is the chart. I had great fun yesterday trying to make working copies from it. I *think* I managed to get it all, but only time will tell!
Not much to see yet, but here it is anyway.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Mmmmm more yummy looking stash. Your start on Night is looking good.

Faith Ann said...

Ok...that's a reasonable explanation for the spoon injury :)

Oooh... your mail carriers are so nice to you, delivering all that lovely stash day after day (after day... LOL). Enjoy! I love the fabric you're using for the Night.

Singular Stitches said...

Oh, Gill, your poor ankle! (That SO sounds like something I'd do!)

If I missed it, sorry, but can you either post a pic or link to what The Night looks like? I tried googling, but the title isn't really unique...

Those new scissors are really pretty!

zoeandcooper said...

Great start. I really love the fabbie!

Rava said...

Nice Stash haul! and I love the fabric aswell :) so sorry about the spoon incident *giggles* and I hope your forking better! *grins* (no rudeness intended!)

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

Sorry to hear about your spoon injury. :( I once broke my toe on carpet. Maybe we stitchers are just prone to odd accidents.

Your stitchy mail is very nice! I love those little scissors.

Nicola said...

The fabric is gorgeous and a gal can never have too many scissors!

I fell off my bike this week too, any excuse to put our feet up for some extra stitching time, eh?!

Hope the bruising goes away soon!

TwistedCandles said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has goofy accidents! I fell off of a chair in June and bruised my thigh up real good. Still have a dent in my leg where the bruise was...