Tuesday, August 08, 2006

On one of the BBs I posted as one of my goals for August that I would try and finish another page of Papillon Mystery Sampler, so I figured I should try to work on it a bit to have any chance of achieving my goal. I haven't done another page yet but I'm managed a good chunk so far - from about the snail down on the left hand side. Another day or so should see the page off. Who knows, maybe I'll even manage a bit more! ;)

After all the enabling that went on on Saturday, surprise surprise I've been ordering stuff again. Into my basket went SB St Peter's Fair and Devon Hedge, plus there are a few more I have my eye on. I was never particularly taken with SB until I saw some IRL and now I think they're just gorgeous. I suspect the prospect of future GTGs might be bad for my bank balance! LOL. I've also managed to track down a copy of TW Best of Samplers book, going quite cheap on a Buy It Now on Ebay. I've always resisted buying it even though it has Camelot Sampler in it, because I've either done or already have a few of the designs in it and most copies you see are a tad expensive. I've seen it on sale for AU$65!! I don't really want to pay that much when I only want one chart from it. However, I did manage to find it for only US$11, which is OK so I bought it. I really really really want to stitch CamSam after seeing Row's beautiful WIP at the GTG. It really was to die for!

10 comments:

Concetta said...

Papillon Mystery is looking really good! Don't you just love it when you find bargains on eBay? Congrats on getting the TW book!

Nicola said...

Your stitching is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing some more of your progress!

Congrats on getting the book, I'm sure it'll give you hours of pleasure at such a bargain!

Michelle said...

Great progress on your Mystery Sampler - I have fabric and thread for this, just need to make time to start it. It looks beautiful!

Karoline said...

Great progress on the Mystery Sampler

Leah said...

You'r making wonderful progress on your Papillion Myster Sampler. It's such a great design!

Faith Ann said...

Great pictures from the get-together! It's about time you met some stitchers "in real life"!

I had never given Shepherd's Bush a second glance until I saw some models in a shop several years ago and then I was hooked. I *love* them. I've been wanting St Peter's Fair too (and several others!).

zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on your mystery. The colors are so vibrant.

Amy said...

Oooh, the sampler is looking great. You'll meet your goal for sure. You are one of the most prolific stitchers I know! Can't wait to see your TW start :)

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

The sampler looks great! It's a very pretty design.

Sam said...

Gorgeous sampler Gill & well done on getting CamSam for such a bargain price! :o)