Thursday, August 17, 2006

This is what I love about living here...they are forecasting 24 degrees for Sydney today, and it's still officially winter!

I've been getting a lot of stitching done in the last couple of days. Pete was in Adelaide and for some reason I always seem to get more done when he's away. Here's the latest installment of Stargazer...


For those who asked, the fabric is Kiwi Customs 'Southern Star' Cashel linen, from Countrystitch. It was specially created to complement this design - I'm not sure how well you can make it out, but there are 'rays' coming down from the top right corner so it looks like the lady is in a beam of moonlight or something.

My TW Sampler book arrived! Actually I nearly caught it in the face as the postman 'frisbeed' the Global Priority envelope up onto the balcony just as I stepped out of the front door...luckily I managed to duck in time so still have all my teeth! LOL. Anyway, I couldn't resist and started Camelot Sampler. Not too much to see yet... This is actually more stitching than it looks as there's a lot of backstitching in there already. There's also a row of 4 sided stitch done in perle cotton that doesn't really show up in the photo.

Blogger seems to have got it's knickers in a twist again, so for the last photo I've had to resort to good old reliable Photobucket. Again. This is a closer shot of the border along the top...Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

11 comments:

Stitchie Kiwi said...

I stitch more and longer at night when DH is away - but he doesn't go away very often! LOL ... he is away for a week beginning of Sept and I plan to stitch LOTS on my Stargazer that week :)

Your's is looking lovely!

jymisgurl said...

They both look wonderful! I stitch more when DH is away, but he's irritating and keeps bugging me when he's home!

Faith Ann said...

I love the border in Camelot Sampler... it's beautiful!

Of course, Stargazer is looking fantastic... I love that lady :)

Glad to hear you still have teeth, anyone who could injure themselves with a spoon could *really* injure themselves with a flying mail package LOL.

Jenna said...

Oooooh, I will have to look up that fabric when I finally give in and buy Stargazer. It's fantastic! Your postal person should be a little more careful; that could have really hurt! Great start to your Camelot Sampler, too. :)

zoeandcooper said...

Both pieces look wonderful! I love the border on Camelot Sampler:)

Karoline said...

They both look lovely, great progress Gill

Michelle said...

Beautiful start on your Camelot Sampler - you've done a lot! Your Stargazer is looking gorgeous as well!

Amy said...

24 degrees??? Hard to imagine when it's over 100 here...

Stargazer is looking even lovier and your CamSam start looks great!

Gill said...

But Amy, I'm talking 24 celsius, which is about 73 farenheit...it's actually pretty warm! LOL

Singular Stitches said...

Gives new meaning to 'Air Mail', doesn't it? LOL! Glad you remained unscathed!

Very lovely stitching!!

Have a great weekend!

Rava said...

Gill, thanks for the listing the fabric - I had eyed it at Country Stitch, but it looks alot different there! Your stitching as always is looking fab!