Friday, August 25, 2006

Tomorrow, I'm off to my very first needlework show ever - Stitches & Craft in Sydney. I don't actually know very much about it, whether it's more 'stitches' or 'craft', but I'm going with Alison (Ozstitcher) and maybe meeting up with some of the other ladies from the TWBB so I think a good day is in the offing regardless.

I have a finishing HD today, I made Shepherds Heart up into an ornament, with silk ribbon ruffles round the edges...I had a bit of an 'off' with it though - I cut the fabric a little too small and had trouble stretching it round the cardstock form. I realised what I'd done as soon as I cut it but of course it was too late by then. Anyway, for that reason it didn't come out quite as I'd hoped, but I think it's OK.

Why do designers keep tormenting me like this? LOL....Just when I tell myself 'no more', someone goes and brings out a design which I just have to have....I totally adore this one. It's a new one from Charlotte Market.I'm a sucker for sewing cases and such anyway, and this is a beauty. It's called 'While I Darn Sewing Case' by Giulia Punti Antichi. Nowhere actually has it in stock yet so I'll have to be patient a while...not my strong suit as I'm sure you all know! LOL

Terri - the quilt kit was from an Aussie company called Patchwork Pumpkin.
Darla - now why didn't I think of that!!?? LOL

Oh....and Pete...if you're reading this.....love ya!!

8 comments:

Concetta said...

You've finished Shepherd's Heart beautiful, Gill. Wish I could finish like that!

Amy said...

Your heart is gorgeous! I think the finishing job is perfect, and I love the ruffle!

Michelle said...

Love your SB heart - especially the ruffle! Wow on that sewing case too - I've just added it to my wishlist!

Karoline said...

I love the way you finished your heart, enjoy the show

Jenna said...

Beautiful finish work. I can't tell that it didn't go according to plan. :)

Leah said...

I think your heart ornament looks fabulous!

Julianne said...

I really like the SB heart. Your finishing is wonderful!

Giulia Manfredini said...

Thanks, thanks and thanks for your nice comments to my design. I love your blog and your stitching.....
So glad to be mentioned in your blog from a Citizen of your wonderful Country.
Greetings from Italy,
Giulia Manfredini
Giulia Punti Antichi
www.puntiantichi.com