Sunday, September 10, 2006

I can finally show you the needlebook I made for an exchange. I had a call from Janine to say she's received it and really likes it, which was a relief...I always worry with exchanges whether my 'offering' is good enough! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I've had this design for a while (it was a freebie from a French site) and when Janine said her favourite colours are blue and white I thought it would be perfect...except it was much too big for a needlebook, so I had to stitch it over-one. It was great talking to Janine - she seems like a really nice lady!

Mum & Dad came up for the day today, which was nice. I made a big roast dinner while Pete helped them set up their new laptop...they know even less about computers than I do! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Poor little Pete - he's come down with a really nasty cold. He couldn't get to sleep at all till gone midnight last night. None of us have had a cold since we arrived back in March so we had no cold remedies at all to give him. Finally his dad remembered he had some menthol crystals so we put some in hot water and he felt slightly better after breathing the fumes and managed at last to fall asleep. I think I'll keep him off school for a day or two until he feels better.

10 comments:

zoeandcooper said...

You did a lovely job on your needlebook. I love the blue and white combo.

jymisgurl said...

Your needlebook looks great!
Hope little Pete feels better soon!

Singular Stitches said...

How pretty!

Poor Pete! I hope he feels better soon!

Nicola said...

That's absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on such a beautiful piece!

Concetta said...

Your needlebook is gorgeous, Gill. :) Lucky Janine! Poor little Pete, I hope he feels better soon.

Faith Ann said...

I hope Pete is feeling better soon (and the rest of you don't catch it!).

Beautiful job on the needlebook!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous stitching on your needlebook! and I hope Pete starts to feel better sooner :)

Rava
http://ravasrambling.blogspot.com/

Kali said...

Love the needleroll. The colors look great together.

Deb said...

Oh that is a beautiful little piece Gill.

Hope Pete is feeling better soon. Colds are no fun.

Michelle said...

I love this! What a pretty piece, and it looks so great in the blue and white! Lucky exchange partner!