Thursday, September 07, 2006

I haven't managed much stitching at all this week - certainly not by my usual standards. I don't know what's up with me but I just can't seem to settle down and stitch. I hope whatever-it-is goes away soon!

I did manage another cow - there's now a link to my cows album in my sidebar (I finally figured out how to put a link in there, after about 20 attempts! By the time I'm 60 I might even be good at this! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting) I also managed a teeny bit more on The Night...
Hopefully now the hair's out of the way this might progress a bit more quickly, although this is a biiiig design! And while we're on the subject of Passione Ricamo....I just adore their new one - Enchanted Fairy. Isn't she pretty? I love everything about this design, from the pose, the colours to the little heeled shoe peeking out.

We had the most humungous thunderstorm last night! I've never heard each crack of thunder go on for so long, and the storm lasted for hours. This morning the pool is overflowing because of all the rain - I just hope some of it fell where it needed to to feed the dams.

I was very saddened to hear this week of the death of Steve Irwin. He was a bit of a larrikin, but he had such a warmth and passion about him, you couldn't help but like him. My heart aches for his family...Bindi, who was so close to him, and little Bob who will never really know his father. And of course Terri - they were so obviously devoted to one another. Rest in peace Steve.

7 comments:

Faith Ann said...

I found the news about Steve Irwin very sad also. It's so hard when someone leaves a young family behind.

The Night is looking gorgeous!

Ooooh, Enchanted Fairy is beautiful. I think she might be favourite PR! I still haven't bought one yet... but know I will someday :)

M said...

You're right, she is pretty! LOVE the colors.

AND, you're right about Steve Irwin. I think he's going to be missed by MANY. I was never a big Croc Hunter fan, but I have nothing but respect for the man for 1)doing what he loved and 2) being a great influence on kids. His wife was born up here so our zoo is trying to come up w/some sort of memorial for him. Sad, but Gawd, the man LIVED his life, didn't he?!! How many of us can really say that. RIP.

And after THAT ... :o) ...

Happy day to you Gill!

Jenna said...

The Night is so beautiful. How large is the design?

jymisgurl said...

Your Night and your latest cow are both gorgeous!

Amy said...

Your Night is looking gorgeous! I love the new one - it may be my first PR purchase!

Michelle said...

Night is looking gorgeous. And thanks for the enabling on their new design - she is beautiful! I've never stitched a PR design, but I may just have to add one or twelve to my stash! Love your pumpkin cow too!

Anonymous said...

Thought this might be a Friday funny for you seeing as though you are stitching cows.


Cars And Cows
A wise old farmer went to town to buy a pickup truck that he saw advertised in the paper for a certain price.

After telling the salesman which truck he wanted, they sat down to do the paperwork.

The salesman handed the farmer the bill, and the farmer declared, "This isn't the price I saw!"

The salesman went on to tell the wise old farmer how he was getting extras such as power brakes, power windows, special tires etc. and that was what took the price up.

The farmer needed the truck badly, paid the price and went home.

A few months later, the salesman called up the farmer and said, "My son is in 4-H and he needs a cow for a project. Do you have any for sale?"

The farmer said, "Yes, I have a few cows, and I would sell for $500.00 apiece. Come look at them and take your pick."

The salesman said he and his son would be right out.

After spending a few hours in the field checking out all the farmer's cows, the two decided on one and the salesman proceeded to write out a check for $500.00.

The farmer said--------"Now, wait a minute, that's not the final price of the cow. You're getting extras with it and you have to pay for that too."

"What extras?" asked the salesman.



Below is the list the farmer gave the salesman for the final price of the cow:
BASIC COW - - $500.00
Two tone exterior - - $45.00
Extra stomach - - $75.00
Product storing equipment - - $60.00
Straw compartment - - $120.00
4 Spigots @$10 ea - - $40.00
Leather upholstery - - $125.00
Dual horns - - $45.00
Automatic fly swatter - - $38.00
Fertilizer attachment - - $185.00

GRAND TOTAL
- -
$1,233.00