Monday, September 25, 2006

It was a hot and extremely windy day yesterday ... apparently several homes were destroyed in a bushfire and big chunks of western Sydney lost power. Walking to school this morning there were upended mailboxes and tree branches everywhere. We got off lightly - the worst we suffered was a tree branch hurled into the garden, and it didn't even hit anything important. We missed all the drama though cos we spent the day at Mum & Dad's, and the wind was not so violent up there.

Mum seems to have caught the quilting bug since I gave her my old sewing machine, and she saw my quilt. Her first attempt was a small one for little Pete,(because I'm such a mean Mummy not giving him the one I had for my birthday! LOL) I had to pry it out of his hands this morning because he would quite cheerfully have dragged it to school with him.

I would have sworn I hadn't progressed much on Purple Dragon Fae since my last update, but looking at this pic I guess I have made a little progress. That's the good thing about taking progress pics I suppose...it's a great motivator when you feel like you're getting nowhere.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

PDF looks Brilliant!! You are really steaming along with her.

Karoline said...

She's looking lovely Gill, great progress

Heather said...

Wow Gill, your progress is amazing! She's looking wonderful.

Faith Ann said...

I can't believe you felt you hadn't made progress... you've done SO much!

Glad you didn't suffer any major storm damage.

jymisgurl said...

She's gorgeous!

Deb said...

Oh those fires have made the news over here as well. Looks scary!
You are making great progress on her. Love her colours.

Alison said...

Those fires were very early this year. Hope it doesn't mean a bad season.

Barbara said...

I'm glad that you escaped any serious wind damage. We also tend to have windstorms at this time of year here, but we've always been very lucky. Your Purple Dragon Fae looks great! :)