Saturday, September 23, 2006

Stitching Bloggers question for this week is..

How many pieces have you stitched? Out of these, how many have been for you? How many have had specialty stitches or other techniques besides cross stitch?

Ummm... I don't really know, but I've done a lot of pieces. As an example, I've completed 24 pieces of varying sizes already this year, and I've been cross stitching for 14 years. A lot have been given away and forgotten, so I can only guesstimate that I've done 200+. I've done loads with specialty stitches.

Wow, Spring has really arrived with a vengeance! Here in Western Sydney the temps have been between 26C and 32C (79F - 89F) all week, and we're only 3 weeks into Spring! They're predicting a hot Summer this year...

It gave us our first chance to use the pool though! Arriving when we did, it's been quite annoying having this gorgeous pool just sitting out back and not being able to use it. I only dangled my legs in because believe it or not I don't have a swimming costume - I threw my old one out when we left the UK planning on buying a new one but haven't got round to it yet. The water's still a little cold anyway. Just look at those ghostly white, 'glow in the dark' bodies! LOL. Louise isn't there in the pic cos she's gone to a birthday party down the street - a pool party!

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Looks like "the boys" are having fun! Hurry up and get a costume, then you can join in the fun!

Faith Ann said...

I'd be buying a swimsuit very quickly so I could enjoy that swimming pool! I'm envious of those temps since we're headed into cold weather for the next several months... sighhhh...