Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I decided to dust off one of my long-neglected WIPs from the bottom of my WIP pile - Misty Morning Vineyard. I'm really enjoying stitching on this again and I really don't know why I left it so long. I love stitching with silks!! So much so that now I'm wishing I'd bought the NPIs for my as-yet-unstarted Taj kit, but I left them out in an effort to keep costs down. The colours in MMV are just so purdy, don't you think?

Talking of Chatelaines...I really like the new one, Pompeji Garden...but oh Lordy, look at the price of the kit!!! EuropeanXS have the kit for US$272, not including the chart - I nearly had heart failure when I saw that! I don't even want to work out how much that would be in Aussie dollars. I love Martina's designs but they seem to get more and more expensive all the time. There's no way I will be getting this one. I've been looking forward to the release of one she's been talking about called White Nights in St Petersburg, but if it's priced at anything like Pompeji it will be out of reach unfortunately.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Gill! You have the best taste when it comes to XS.

I feel the same about Martina's designs. Think of all the 'stuff' you can buy w/$300!!

stitchinfiend said...

Gill that is lovely. Ijust brought this pattern last week-end at the Brisbane Craft Show. You are doing an amazing job

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching Gill!
Pompeii is slowly growing on me too though the price is pretty prohibative.

Melanie said...

I do love Misty Morning Vineyard, but yes, Martina's designs are growing ever more pricey, I agree. I have the Knotgarden, and that will do me for now (well, at least until I finish it... which could be never!)

Yany said...

Lovely stitching Gill!!! Go Gill Go Gill!!
I agree with you about the price of the kits, I know that they are beautiful and the materials and designs so yummy, but is a lot of money :(
I only got my MMV kit, cause DH gave it to me as a present, but we can afford so many presents... LOL!!

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous Gill

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! MMV is one of my favorites!
I love Martina's designs too, but I can't understand how people can afford to buy as many as they do! I'm still struggling to buy everything for PIG!

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! I really love this one and am always tempted to buy it! They are so expensive though!

Concetta said...

I've never cared that much for MMV, but I've totally changed my mind after seeing your WIP - it's gorgeous!! I can't wait to see more progress.

I know what you mean about the cost of the Chatelaines.. I have Watergarde and Alpine Seasons as WIPs and it's difficult for me to justify buying any more of the large Mandalas at those prices.

Anonymous said...

Gill your Chatelaine looks beautiful! I love the gold braid around the peacocks tails - so pretty!

Ive already signed up for the "Secret Victorian Garden" without even seeing a materials list *gulps* Im just hoping the kit isnt going to be too expensive - which isnt likely.