Monday, October 09, 2006

I have made little progress over the last few days. Actually, that's not really true..it just doesn't look like much since it's all over one stitching in shades of black and very dark brown. I'm going to wait until I've completed the page before I post an update on Book of Ladies.

I have been messing around with my sewing machine again...and just so I have a photo for today's entry here's Louise modelling my latest venture. It's only a simple quilt made with plain squares, and a cushion to match. My sewing station overlooks the backyard so I made these while keeping an eye on the kids in the pool (that is - the kids were in the pool, not me. I'm not that good!) In fact, if you look close you can see Louise's hair is still wet! LOL. These are just made with odd bits of fabric I had in my fabric box.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Well done Gill - that quilt is very pretty! And congrats on your HAED Purple Dragon Fae pillow, it looks great!! :o)

Faith Ann said...

I wish I had half your ambition when it comes to sewing... I love your quilt!

The Dragon Fae pillow is gorgeous!!

Karoline said...

Lovely quilt Gill, congratulations

Sharon said...

I think the quilt looks great! It's something I would like to do but haven't quiite dredged up the courage.

A big congrats on your haed finish. Both your pillows look awesome.

Singular Stitches said...

How beautiful!!!

Someday, I might do something quilted, but for now, I enjoy seeing other's, like yours!

Carol said...

What a pretty quilt - so feminine!

Alison said...

Looks great Gill