Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I suppose I really should do a stitching update, since I haven't posted one in a while. My stitching time and - if I'm honest - inclination have been a bit lacking lately. Anyway, I have worked a little on Stargazer, so here she is. I didn't think I'd made much progress but looking at my last update on her I guess I have.

Here's Peter showing off his seaside quilt. He had very definite ideas on what he wanted on it, my little man certainly knows his own mind! I don't know who he takes after (although I have a horrible suspicion it's me...hehe) You can't see the design too well in this pic but he wouldn't relinquish it long enough for me to take a decent picture and I'm too darned lazy to go take another now he's at school. If I remember next time I get the camera out I'll try and take a better one. There are turning stars, log cabin blocks and a bit of applique in this one and I'm quite pleased with the result. Peter loves it, which is the main thing.

And finally...I've been tagged..

The rules; List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

1. I got you (Split Enz)
2. Affirmation (Savage Garden)
3. To The Moon And Back (Savage Garden)
4. Hold Me (Savage Garden...are you seeing a pattern here? LOL)
5. Truly Madly Deeply (yes, you've guessed it...Savage Garden)
6. Casta Diva (Maria Callas)
7. Animal Song (Savage Garden....ha! haha! You thought we'd moved on from SG didn't you??)

I guess I'm listening to a lot of Savage Garden right now!
Hmmm...who to tag...


Joy
Faith Ann
Sam
Faye
Mel
Mel
Scully

Sorry guys! lol

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Your stargazer is beautiful! What fabric are you using?

Faith Ann said...

Much to my husband's chagrin, I'm a Savage Garden fan also LOL.

I'll have to think about this one!

Stargazer and Peter's quilt are both beautiful! I can't believe how quickly you're turning out these quilts...that's impressive!

Carol said...

Oh Gill! Your Stargazer is beautiful - I love your fabric choice! Peter's quilt (and Peter!) are beautiful! Congratulations (on both!)

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty!! I see the stuff you do, then I buy it and it just never quite turns out as ... good ... as yours does. ::sigh::

"I can only hope to be as good as you someday" heh.

I love your stuff Gill, you know that!!

Anonymous said...

Everything is beautiful! I love the idea of a sea life quilt! Your son has good taste!

Heather said...

Oh Gill, Stargazer's gorgeous. Stop making me want to add even more to my latest stash order! I've managed to abstain from purchasing her so far, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out. What fabric is she on? It sets her of beautifully!

Yany said...

Your Stargazer is beautiful!!! Is such a gorgeous design... And your Pete is so cute!! his quilt is lovely...
Congratulations!!

Shannon L. said...

Gill, Stargazer is absolutely beautiful ! And the quilt is lovely - the colours are so striking :)

Sam said...

Stargazer is looking fab Gill! Uh-oh... I'd best go think of some songs now ;o)