Sunday, October 29, 2006

I've done a little more on MMV but not enough to make it worth showing you, so here's my first day's progress on SB Tina's Stocking for Louise. Just as I thought, it's stitching up quickly so I reckon I'll see this one off in a few days. Sharp eyed SB fans will have noticed that I'm not stitching it on the recommended 18 count Floba...the reason for this is, that when I stitched Peter's I didn't know where to buy the stuff so ended up stitching it on plain ol' 28 count. It resulted in a somewhat smaller stocking but it's still big enough for Santa to tuck in some small prezzies and lollies on Christmas Eve. Of course I've since found any number of suppliers for the Floba but using it now would make a huge difference in size between the two stockings so I've stuck with the 28.

5 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Wow... you have a great start already!

I like it on the 28ct... I detest working with the recommended fabric for those stockings, but since I've already started doing them in that fabric, I'm stuck too!

Karoline said...

Nice start Gill, it's looking lovely

Nicole said...

Wow that is stitching up fast! My poor Tina has been a UFO for eight years now - so sad! :) I love it on the 28 ct. - very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the color!

megumi said...

Tina's Stocking looks great so far! The colors are very nice.

Have to also note that The Vineyard is looking very, very good.