Friday, October 20, 2006

Thanks for all the comments on Stargazer! For those who asked, the fabric is Kiwi Customs Southern Star, from Countrystitch.

I've just got a small finish to show you today...this is Carriage House Samplings 'N is for Needle', finished as a needlebook. I would love to claim all the credit for this, and I did indeed stitch it and sew it up, but I got the idea from seeing
Karen's lovely needlebook. Thanks Karen! It only took a day to stitch and half an hour to do the finishing.

We're driving up to the mountains tomorrow. Since we moved to Sydney we haven't really been anywhere except my parent's house, so we thought it would be a nice day out. I lived in Katoomba for a short while as a child, so I'll be revisiting my old haunts.

I spent yesterday morning taking all my trousers and shorts in - I've lost so much weight now that I was having trouble keeping them up! I'm reluctant to buy new ones just yet because there's still quite a bit of weight to come off.

Pete told me last night that the company he works for are laying on a Christmas treat for it's employees and their partners. They'll be putting us up here for a whole weekend, meals included. Doesn't it look fab? Now there's a goal for losing weight - I'll need nice new clothes for my stay!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that AND 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' ... WOW!! :o)

I like the new picture, you look happy. In a good way. heh.

Melanie said...

Hooray on the weightloss and Christmas getaway, that sounds great!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your needlebook. Thanks for showing off your quilts too, they are fabulous. And huge congrats for losing 17 pounds...that is fantastic!

Carol said...

Ah, I am so excited! I love your fabric for Stargazer, and now I see it is the same fabric that I bought for her - LOL!! I adore your needlebook! Karen does have some wonderful finishing ideas!

Karoline said...

Your needlebook is lovely, congratulations

Alison said...

That's gorgeous Gill. Oh & I love your new profile pic!

Anne L said...

What a fab chrissie getaway, hope you win on the tables. Katoomba, isnt that the location of Dragonfly Dreams, guess you will be visiting. Have a great day.

Sam said...

The needlebook is lovely Gill :o) And congrats on that weight loss too!

Faith Ann said...

Wow... that looks like a fabulous place for a Christmas party!! Congrats on the weight loss and have fun buying some new clothes soon :)

Anonymous said...

What a great needlebook! I love that alphabet series!