Friday, October 13, 2006

We've had a scorching few days - here in western Sydney it's been hitting 35C (95F). All I can say is thank goodness for air conditioning!! It's still only mid spring so it looks like summer this year is going to be a bruiser! My younger bro has already been out fighting the bushfires.

The heat combined with the fact it's school holidays (plus a general can't-be-arsedness) has meant no cross stitching whatsoever from Chez Aldus...I've been spending most of my time either in the pool, or keeping an eye on the kids in the pool. At least while I'm watching them I can indulge my latest obsession....

This one is for Louise and is my first bed-sized quilt. Obviously these are extremely simple quilts I've been making, with no fancy quilting stitches or anything. My next one will be somewhat more ambitious because Little Pete has seen one in one of my magazines that he wants me to make for him, so I'm off to Spotlight on Sunday to buy fabric for it.

Other news...I'm still losing weight. I hit a bit of a plateau for a while when it just didn't seem to budge, but I stuck with it and now it's on the move again. I've now lost 17 pounds in total.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They may be "simple" but they're beautiful, and everyone loves handmade.

I had some issues w/the backstitch on that one I'm working on as well, it IS a horrible chart for that. But looking at the picture seems to be helping a lot. It's going so quick it's worth it. I am just NOT into spending as much time and/or $ for the larger ones. :o)

Barb said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I really enjoyed your blog!

Anne L said...

Fantastic work on your quilts, they are really beautiful. Keep up your goal for losing weight, remember the tortoise and hare story, slow and steady. Happy Stitching

Carol said...

Another pretty quilt! Very nice!!!! Can't wait to see your next one!

Congratulations on the weight loss :-)