Friday, November 03, 2006

A new start

After rummaging around aimlessly for a while in my WIP bag, I decided I wasn't in the mood for any of them. Hence the new start. This is Gingerbread Cottage and it's stitched on a Silkweaver opalescent solo. I wasn't sure of the fabric at first because the model was stitched on a plain sky blue and this one has a fair bit of pink in it (which shows up more IRL), but now I've stitched a bit I think it works. It feels a bit weird to be stitching snow though when we're hurtling towards summer here!

This weeks SBQ is -

How did you decide on the title of your stitching blog? Was it random, or does it have a special meaning to you or about you?

Most of you probably already know this one because I explained it last year, but for anyone who doesn't know, it comes from when Little Pete was Very Little and I was teaching him his address. We used to live in a street called Tudor Way (you can see where this is heading, can't you?) So after I told him he lived at xxx Tudor Way, he repeated it and then after a thoughtful pause asked - 'but Mummy....who chewed it away?' LOL. I thought that was hilarious and from that day I always thought of my address as being in Chewed Away, so when I started my blog about the goings on in my house, Chewed Away was the obvious choice. I don't live there any more (or I wouldn't be telling this tale on the 'net) but I'm kind of attached to the title.

Have a great weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Concetta said...

Your Gingerbread Cottage is gorgeous, that fabric is perfect for it! Who is the designer? I can't think for the life of me who it's by!

Love the "Chewed Away" story. :)

Anonymous said...

The fabric SO works with that pattern.

And I will be crossing my fingers for you in the judging for Silkweaver!

Carol said...

What a cute story about "Chewed Away"! I have often wondered how you got your title!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story!
I love the Gingerbread Cottage! Who's the designer?

Singular Stitches said...

Your fabric choice is perfect!! The opalescent makes it look like it's softly snowing!

'Chewed Away'...From the mouthes of babes... :o)

Michelle said...

Love your new start - that fabric looks great with it. And congrats on the finish with your stocking. I am slowly plugging away on mine! Glad you like your cow too!

Michelle said...

P.S. - who is the designer for Gingerbread Cottage?

Anonymous said...

I love the fabbie you are using for this piece. It is just perfect!

Mrs. Julie B said...

Love the fabric... it looks very magical! I love the chewed away story as well. :-)

megumi said...

That fabric seems like it was made for that pattern. They look like a great match! Can't wait to see the finished result.

J Rae said...

Absolutely gorgeous fabric! It looks like it was made for this piece! It's perfect for it! Can't wait to see it finished! :-)

Kathy said...

Awwww your gingerbread cottage looks fab hun. Just love the fabric its on too.

Your sticking looks soo cute too Gill, Really looking forward to seeing Gingerbread cottage being finished.

Hugs xxxxx

Von said...

What a great story! I, too, wondered how you came up with that name. :D