Sunday, November 05, 2006

Pay it forward....

I found this on Carol's blog. It sounds like fun so I thought I'd have a go...

The first five people to respond to this post (via the comments section) will get some form of "art" made by me. It will be a hand crafted item made from stitching, sewing, knitting, or some other crafty kind of thing. I can't say yet what you'll receive, other than it will be an item hand crafted by me. After you comment, please email me your snail mail address (to gillianaldus at yahoo dot com dot au). It might take a few months for me to do them all, but it'll be something to look forward to. If you sign up, you then need to post the challenge in your own blog.


Snow, snow, snow....or icing (frosting for my American friends) to be more accurate. That's pretty much all I stitched on last night. I think I'll do a bit of the bottom border, which has gingerbread men etc, as a break from all that white! The house itself is finished though. While I think about it, I forgot to put designer info yesterday as several people pointed out...very remiss of me! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The designer is Sue Cook and the chart was printed in UK Cross Stitcher magazine. I had to do a bit of research to find the issue because I'd kept the chart but chucked out the rest of the magazine before I left the UK, but a quick bit of sleuthing turned up that it's from issue 154, Christmas 2004.

I had to go clothes shopping yesterday....as I've now lost around 20 pounds all my clothes were hanging off me. I'd taken my trousers in but they still looked baggy everywhere else (I'm no dressmaker!) and even my vest tops (which I pretty much live in in the warmer months) were starting to *ahem* reveal a little too much for my liking Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting. I bought some pretty skirts and some new tops in a smaller size, which felt pretty good! I bought skirts with elasticated waistbands so hopefully they will shrink a bit with me without falling off as I continue to lose weight!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I am DYING for you to send me something!!!!

NOW ... go comment on mine because I would LOVE to send something to you as well!!!

Hurry HURRY!!!

Congrats on the weight loss and I love that fabric. It's turning out to be perfect for that chart.

Faith Ann said...

That gingerbread cottage is *gorgeous*!!! Now, I'll have to hunt down back issues of that magazine :)

Heidi said...

I love the fabric your making this on! I had been looking for some of that and now I know where to find it, thanks. That really is a great piece to stitch on that fabric. :)

Yany said...

I'd love to get one of your lovely crafts, thank you Gill!!

Jules said...

Hi Gill, can I sign up for something wonderful from you please?? x

Michelle said...

Congrats on the weight loss! What an accomplishment! Thanks for the designer info on that piece too - it is too cute and looking great on the fabric!