Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thank you so much everyone for your good wishes! I always get a bit of a 'hangover' after a migraine so I felt a bit ropey yesterday, but I'm back to my usual form today.

And just to prove it...here's my second finish this week! Wow, that must be some kind of personal best...LOL. I've kind of fallen out of love with this piece, but it only needed a couple of days work to see it off so I decided to stop being such a slug and get on with it. I'd bought the Vikki Clayton silk pack for it, but I ran out of 2 of the colours - Indigo Ocean and Hunter, and not by just a few stitches either. Luckily I had spare skeins of both in my stash, but not for any of the other colours in this design - how's that for serendipity? I also cut it right to the bone with the Garnet..I *just* managed to squeak by but didn't have an inch of it to spare!



Oh, before I forget...Kathy, if you scroll down about 3 posts I gave the designer information there. Because it's from an old magazine you might have to hunt Ebay for it I guess.

10 comments:

juls said...

I know the hangover effect!!! Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Wow you needle is smokin" although I think you passed your migraine on to me

Anonymous said...

Lovely Gill, so are you going to frame and hang it now or ?

Carol said...

Congratulations Gill! You are really on a roll!!! I stitched this one too earlier this year... was a bit disappointed when the center options came out, and can't figure out why there are open motifs at the top and the bottom - I figured that would be where we would put our initials and the year... so, I understand how you fell out of love with the piece, I did too!

Sharon said...

Isn't it wonderful to have two finishes so close together! This looks great-congrats on the finish.

Yany said...

Congratulations Gill!!
I'm glad you're feeling better now :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful finishes! I have this sampler in my stash to stitch, but haven't gotten around to it. Yours is beautiful! I'll keep a close eye on those two threads though...thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful! Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Lara said...

Beautiful! It feels so great to finish two things in short order, doesn't it?

Faith Ann said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Your gingerbread cottage is *gorgeous*!!

Your second piece is really nice too... very impressive... two finishes in a single week! Can't recall when I've been that stitchy :)