Wednesday, December 20, 2006



I decided to tackle the difficult bits of this piece (ie, the converted bits) early on to get them out of the way. The ribbon was a little problematic. I spent ages debating what to do with it, but finally Pete suggested using the Australian sporting colours - green and gold, so that's what I've done. Putting an Aussie flag behind the child was easy. Don't ask me why but now that's done, for some reason every time I look at this kid I want to burst into a rousing chorus of the Aeroplane Jelly song Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (for those who don't know, it was from a famous ad many years ago). I don't know why...some long buried memory perhaps?

6 comments:

jymisgurl said...

It looks wonderful!

Lady Val said...

You are doing such a wonderful job on your conversion!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Kathy said...

Wow that is fantastic Gill, you needles must be smoking right now.

hugs xxxxxx

Faith Ann said...

It looks fantastic... I love how you're converting it!! It looks like a lot of work if you ask me LOL.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Lina said...

Your conversion look really good! I think it's great that you are able to make the sampler extra special.

Barb said...

Your WIP looks wonderful. Makes us think summer in middle of winter!