Saturday, December 09, 2006

More progress on Egyptian Garden...I feel like I'm really cruising on this since I picked it up last week. I love the jewel-like border around the pyramid block, the silks are so lovely and rich, and 'everywhere the glint of gold' as Howard Carter might say...or was it Lord Carnaervon? I forget. Well anyway, it sparkles a lot! LOL! I'm getting slightly concerned that I might run out of the Gloriana Tropical Sea though. I've heard that it's very close to the mark and although I've tried to be frugal with it I'm not at all sure there's going to be enough. I hope there is because I would have to order it from the US and I can't really order just one skein of silk, but I'm supposed to be buying less stash so I really shouldn't order anything else...well, I'll keep my fingers crossed there will be enough.

We went down to the house we're buying this afternoon to do some measuring up, and just to have another look around whilst we're still in the 'cooling off period'. This time I took my camera along and took lots of piccies - they're in an album if you would like to see it - http://family.webshots.com/album/556308880HgkcvE It's so hard to take a decent picture of bedrooms though, because they're well, empty and square, they're basically carpeted boxes (although decent sized carpeted boxes!) LOL!

13 comments:

cathymk said...

Dragonfly dreams is an aussie store that carries Gloriana silks (she shows tropical dream in the 6 yard skeins) It might not be in stock at the moment but Karen will order it in - just a suggestion...

Gill, the new place looks great - the kitchen looks fantastic.

Michelle said...

They may be "carpeted boxes" but they're YOUR carpeted boxes!!!

I love your Egyptian. Typical though as I love everything you stitch! heh.

Happy weekend!

Gill said...

Thanks for the tip Cathy - I've used DD before but I didn't realise she did Glorianas. I've gone and ordered some to be on the safe side!

jymisgurl said...

The EG and and the house both look wonderful!

Sam said...

New house looks great! What a lovely long corridor to display lots of stitching in :o) EG looks amazing too!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, it is looking fantastic. I think this is one of my favorite Chatelaines! I bet it is really sparkly in real life.

Mindy said...

Your Egyptian Garden is really coming along nicely! I just love the colors in this one. You're doing great! :)

Carol said...

It was fun looking through your new house today - LOL! I love the long corridor!

Lina said...

It's looking great! I have this almost kitted up, but haven't yet had time to start it.

Sari said...

Hi Gill!
Your Egyptian is really nice. Great colours!
You stitched Mirabilia's Forrest Goddess last spring on Polstitches fabric... I decided to use same fabric (it was so gorgeous!). Did you wash the fabric before you started to stitch. I just wonder... it is said in the package that the fabric is not colour-fast. I would like to wash it.

Gill said...

Sari - no, I didn't wash it. As you say, it's not colourfast so I didn't want to risk ruining it.

Sari said...

I decided not to wash it. But then I thought that there is a spot that I don't like in it. And I washed it. It really is not colourfast. Now it is much more lighter. But actually I like it more in this colour!

From Sari
http://saristitching.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Gill, your house is beautiful and so big! I tried to comment earlier-but blogger was cutting up.