Wednesday, December 27, 2006

So that was Christmas for another year. I hope you all had a good one! Ours was very nice...my ears had recovered enough by Christmas Day that it didn't spoil it, although I was a bit sore from my fall. Thank you all for the good wishes by the way!

Christmas Day was very relaxing. Little Pete was so excited on Christmas Eve that I thought he was going to make himself sick, he couldn't get to sleep till nearly half past eleven! Both the kids had a great time opening their pressies, and they all seemed to go down well. Boxing Day we drove up to my parent's place, and we all went out to dinner at a Chinese place. It was OK, the service was a bit indifferent - you got the feeling the waitress really didn't want to be there!

I got lots of lovely stash - Pompeii Garden finally turned up today (27th) and what a fabulous kit it is! Lots of scrumptious silkies, and fourteen cards of metallics! From my friend Sam I got PR Enchanted Fairy, which I've been coveting ever since it came out (Thanks Sam - I love it! :)))) ), and in a Secret Santa Exchange I got a beautiful hand made box with some very elaborate quilting on the lid, a Bent Creek Summer Snapperland chart and the called-for WDW, and a box of bath pearls. Didn't I do well?





















I managed a bit more work on Summer Sampler, as you can see, but I've put it away now to work on Stargazer again. I haven't got far though and I think I might be forced to make a start on Pompeii now I have that fabulous kit in my hot little hands! LOL
One last thing I want to show you - my new Bonsai collection! I've always loved these and today Pete bought me some from a place in Castle Hill. Aren't they lovely? Once we move I want to make a little display of them.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great collection! You really made out great this year. Your bonsai trees are beautiful too

Lady Val said...

Looks like you ended up with a great haul of Christmas gifts. And I have to comment again on how wonderful your Summer sampler looks!

jymisgurl said...

Everything is gorgeous! I had to spend a few minutes drooling over you Pompeii kit! ;) The trees are so beautiful!

Michelle said...

Great stash! Can't wait to see your start on Pompeii Garden. Your Summertime Sampler is looking great too. Beautiful bonsais - I've never had any luck with them!

Name: Vicki said...

Your Summer Sampler is beautiful! Lucky you to get all that great stash. Although I asked "Santa" for some cross-stitch stash, everyone thought I had enough!LOL But that won't stop me from buying it for myself!LOL

Sharon said...

Lovely stash and the bonsai are just beautiful! I love those plants-but I tend to kill them-(sigh)