Sunday, December 03, 2006

We have pyramids!

As promised, a stitching update. I finished the columns on the right, the 'far away pine forest' around the corner, and a pyramid block in the corner. I'm really enjoying stitching this again! I think I'm going to make more of an effort to finish my Chatelaine WIPs, because on the one hand I feel I should before I start a new one, but on the other hand I have a tendency to let them languish. I have Taj kitted up in my stash and now Pompeijan is on it's way so I need to pull my socks up and get on with clearing the decks!


We're full of plans already for the new house...I'm so looking forward to having a place of our own again, I'm not a fan of renting after having our own place for so long. And of course, with two extra bedrooms it means I can have a craft room! Well, a craft room come guest bedroom when the need arises but still. We have so much to do in the next few weeks though - as if it isn't hectic enough in the run-up to Christmas! The system here in Oz seems a lot more rushed too than it does in the UK. One good thing we've found out though is that we qualify for a first homebuyers grant of $7000 and are also exempt from paying stamp duty because we're first time buyers over here, so that will save us $9000 too! We were convinced we wouldn't qualify because we owned a house in England but apparently that doesn't count!

10 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Your EG looks great. I really want to do that one some day. Are you using the recommended silks?

Carol said...

Gill, your Egyptian Garden is beautiful!!

jymisgurl said...

Your EG is gorgeous!

Sam said...

EG is gorgeous! And congrats on the new house - can't wait to see piccies :o)

cathymk said...

EG is looking Gorgeous!!

Sharon said...

congratulations on your new house-hope to see pictures of soon. EG is beautiful!

Missis Purr said...

EG is gorgeous!!!!!!

Goldie said...

EG is looking great! I remember a feeling of "achievement" when I finally got to those pyramids!

Kathy said...

Wow EG is stunning, think I may just have to add this one to the list lol.

After much thought I have just treated myself to the Pompeji threads, as it can get quite expensive buying them seperately lol. Hopefully they will arrive before Christmas, adn then I can get cracking on getting upto and including part 4 done lol.

Hugs xxxxxx

Michelle said...

Your EG looks fantastic. I have this one in my stash to start too - those Chatelaines are my favorite! Beautiful!