Saturday, December 02, 2006

Well, it's been quite a day today.....we put in an offer for a house - and it was accepted! We'd intended going to Taronga Zoo today but it rained, so we went to look at houses. The one we've put an offer in for has 5(!!) big bedrooms, and it's all been renovated - new kitchen, new bathroom, new carpets, the living room has lovely polished floorboards, a high vaulted ceiling and a woodburning stove for the winter. We got it for a really good price too! If everything goes to plan it will be ours in the middle of January.

It was Louise's 12th birthday on Tuesday - I can hardly believe my baby girl is 12! Where does the time go? It seems no time at all since she was a tiny babe in arms and now she's turning into a young lady right before my eyes.

I'll try to take a stitching progress pic tomorrow. There's a good reason why there hasn't been one in over a week - I haven't been stitching! But last night I finally picked up Egyptian Garden again and have made a little progress. And Pete has offered to buy the full kit for Chatelaine Pompeijan Garden for me for Christmas, which I'm quite excited about!

One last thing - I've received quite a lot of cows for my quilt, thank you so much to everyone who contributed - you're all wonderful and so generous with your time and stitching! I'm itching to get started on pulling it all together but I wanted to check if there are any more coming before I do?

7 comments:

juls said...

Congratulations on the new house purchase!!!!! Looking forward to seeing some progress pictures!

Anne L said...

Wow, a new house, sounds terrific, cannot wait for photographs. Good luck. Is it in the western suburbs. Look forward to progress stitching piccies.

Carol said...

Wow, congratulations on the house!

Michelle said...

Congratulations Gill!!! Is it close to where you live now?

How exciting!!!

jymisgurl said...

Congrats on the new house! And Pompeii, too! What a sweet husband! I keep dropping hints, but mine's thick and broke. :)

Faith Ann said...

Congratulations on the new house!! Wow... another move... you must be getting sick of packing/unpacking LOL.

Jenn said...

Congrats on your new home! I know how excited you must be having just gone though the same thing.