Sunday, December 24, 2006

Well, this will be my last entry before Christmas. And I just couldn't get there without a bit of drama, could I? ;-) Firstly, I have developed an ear infection...again. Luckily we have a medical centre nearby that's open 365 days a year, so I managed to see a doctor. I'm on antibiotics and steroid ear drops and tablets which the doc reckons will get the inflamation down fast. It seems to be working because I can hear again.

Then just to add insult to injury, (or maybe that should be injury to injury?) I managed to fall down the steps outside our house this afternoon. They were slippery after a big thunderstorm, and no sooner had I warned the kids to be careful than I went over. I'm bruised from hip to toe, and feeling very sorry for myself. I suspect I'll be sore tomorrow! I have a big bruise on my hip, an enormous, swollen black bruise at the back of my ankle, a couple of bruised fingers and my toes are scraped and raw. They say things come in threes, so I hope number three is something minor!

But I did have a bit of good news today - my brother Richard has got engaged! (Which is why I was venturing out on the slippery steps - I wanted to get them a card). His fiancee Milke is a lovely girl, and I'm so pleased for them! The wedding will be in February.

Well that's all for now, I'm off to have a bath to soak my bruised posterior...LOL. I would like to wish all my online friends a very Merry Christmas, and a safe, peaceful and happy New Year!

8 comments:

Sam said...

{{{{{Gill}}}}}
You certainly have been in the wars! I hope that your bumps & bruises calm down quickly & that your ear infection continues to clear up quickly.

Have a very Merry Aussie Christmas!

Heidi said...

I hope you are feeling better sooner. Sprinkle some salt or sand on those steps. :)

jymisgurl said...

Congrats to your brother! Hope you feel better soon! Hopefully it won't be too sore! Merry Christmas!

junesctung said...

Merry Christmas and best wishes for the coming year!

Lady Val said...

Get well soon!! And congratulations to your brother.

Sharon said...

Oh my! I do hope nothing else happens. Hope you feel better soon! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Singular Stitches said...

Gill, I hope you are on the mend soon!!!

Congrats to your brother! What wonderful news!

Happy Christmas to you and your family!

Missis Purr said...

A Merry Merry Christmas to you and your Family!!!!!!!!!!!!
buon Natale !