Saturday, January 13, 2007

Busy, busy, busy..

We picked up the keys to our new house yesterday! We did have a bit of a scene though...the house has an alarm but we couldn't find an instruction booklet for it. Pete couldn't wait till we had the codes for it and started messing with it and, yes, you've guessed it - set the alarm off! We couldn't turn the darned thing off without the access codes and he tried everything he could think of, all the while this horrible, piercing shriek was going on and on...in the end, he had to disconnect the whole thing. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I hope that's not setting the scene for our life in that house! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After Pete finally managed to shut the alarm up, we went exploring the area a bit more. We found a fantastic shopping mall only about 5 minutes away - you could literally walk there. There's a place I can get DMC and also a huge Borders bookshop, so that's me sorted! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting We also went and bought an air conditioner, but we need to get someone in to fit it. After the scorching temperatures of the last couple of days we definitely need it - Thursday it was 39C (102F) and Friday must have been close - it was forecast to be in the 40s but luckily it didn't reach that. We then spent the remainder of the afternoon visiting some friends who live nearby, so it was a busy day but a good one - except for the alarm incident of course!

Today has been packing, packing, and more packing. Oh, and the estate agent held an 'open house' this afternoon for prospective new tenants, which I found a little uncomfortable. It was only for about 10 minutes but there must have been about 20 people wandering round.

In the midst of all this my stitching has suffered somewhat. I've finally finished part 3 of Pompeji. I had to frog a bit when I realised I'd been stitching away with the wrong colour. It was only one shade off but I couldn't leave it so out it all had to come!

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh wow part 3 looks stunning Gill, I shall be receiving my threads and beads from ESC in the next week as the payment has gome through, can't wait to start playing catch with you all.

Have fun moving into your new home.

Hugs & Stitches xxxxx

Concetta said...

Your Pompeij is looking absolutely stunning, Gill! I hope I'll be able to start on mine soon.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

It is coming along nicely, Gill. The colors are so beautiful!

Good luck with your move:)

Stitchie Kiwi said...

Good luck with the move Gill, I hope it all goes smoothly. Pompeij is looking amazing :)

Carol said...

Your Pete sounds like my Mike - just can't resist fiddling with electronics - LOL! Your PG looks awesome!

cathymk said...

Good luck with your move, Gill!!
Pompeii is looking just gorgeous!!

Lina said...

Your Pompeii is looking great!
Enjoy your new home!

Melanie said...

Pompeji is looking beautiful, Gill! Congrats on the new house - I hope the move goes a bit more smoothly than the alarm incident would foretell :)

Sharon said...

How exciting to get your keys. I hope you will show pictures after you get settled. Pompeii garden is looking great!

Singular Stitches said...

You've really moved along on Pompeii!!!! It's looking gorgeous!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new house. Your Pompeii Garden looks amazing - great choice on the fabric!

Faith Ann said...

Congratulations on getting moved (again), hope you're getting all settled in!