Monday, January 29, 2007

So, we were 'supposed' to have Broadband back on today, buy hey - guess what? Optus say they've connected it, but it doesn't work. There's a fault somewhere and they've allowed themselves three more days to fix it. I tell you, I'm tearing my hair out right now.

Anyway, I did upload my HD (which took aeons) so here she is...Portrait of Caroline in Pink. She was a very quick stitch indeed - just four days. I subbed the called for treasures because they came to some ridiculous amount that I wasn't prepared to pay for for such a small design, so I had a rummage in my bead box and found some nice swarovski crystals to use instead. Hey, I'm cheap....LOL. I think they look OK. She's extremely sparkly IRL. The fabric is a SW Solo. Well, half of one anyway...the other half is for Portrait of Lauren when I get around to it.


I haven't managed to catch up with Pompeji - it was a bit of a pipe dream really I suppose, to finish 5 sections in one month! I've decided not to pressurise myself, I'll do as much as I'm comfortable with and not stress about it. I could possibly catch up in Feb if I stitched on nothing else but let's face it, that ain't gonna happen. No picture today because I couldn't face sitting here hoping another picture will upload before the next ice age arrives! LOL

I've actually had 3 HDs now for this month! I can't show you the other 2 yet though because they're gifts so I want to wait until they've been received.

15 comments:

cathymk said...

She's beautiful, Gill! Congratulations!

Jenn said...

She's beautiful! I love the fabric you stitched her on.

Faith Ann said...

She's gorgeous!! I never would have known that you switched the treasures... they look great. Also love the fabric :)

Scully said...

She looks love Gill and your Pomp is looking amazing. Congrats on the finish. Hope you get your broadband soon.

Carol said...

LOL! I don't blame you for subbing out those pricey Treasures! I often wish to do the same thing! She is gorgeous!

jymisgurl said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!

Pam said...

Wow, I haven't seen this one stitched up yet and she's beautiful. Great job and the fabric is perfect for her. Hope the broadband is hooked up soon so we can see more updates! (how selfish of me LOL)

Carla said...

Beautiful!! Congratulations :)

Stitchie Kiwi said...

She's very pretty! Hope your b/band is all fixed up very soon.

juls said...

Stunning! Looks great with the crystals! I'd never know! Hope your broadband is up soon!

Jacqui said...

She's gorgeous. Well done.

Lina said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

I know how you must be feeling (regarding the internet connection). When we moved last summer we were without internet for over two weeks, eventhough were promised it'd be working right away.. They sent someone over to fix it, but it didn't work. The next guy came over and said the first one hadn't done anything...

Name: Vicki said...

She is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen. You did a wonderful job!

Retta said...

Very pretty! I lovvvve your fabric selection, good choice! :)

Sharon said...

Gill, she is just gorgeous! congrats on a great finish.