Sunday, February 11, 2007

CamSam revisited



Here's a WIP you haven't seen for a while! I've been working on the jousting scene on Camelot Sampler, which is of course stitched over one thread. In fact an awful lot of this design is stitched over one, so it feels like it takes forever to see any progress.

Pete gave me his camera to use, but it's very different to mine and it's taking a while to get used to - hence the shadow on the pic - it does take good close-ups though.

The weather for the last 24 hours has been unbelievable! It's hard to believe so much water could fall from the sky...some friends of ours have a 5000 litre rainwater tank which was nearly empty, and which is now overflowing! In fact the ceiling of a local shopping mall has collapsed because of it all! Much of the time it's been thunder and lightning too - I've never seen a storm like it. I tried to take a pic but it doesn't really capture it -
It seems to have stopped for the time being, but there are still some very black clouds around. If you click on the photo, the bigger version gives you a better idea.

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

I haven't seen that WIP before, it looks interesting.

Jenn said...

My DH has been telling me of how badly you guys need water so I'm glad to hear that you got some (or a lot :) ) today. Your Stargazer finish is beautiful! She looks great on that fabric.

sugardoll said...

Oh Gill, in the Philippines where i come from typhoon visits almost every other month. The islands facing the pacific almost always gets hit by one every couple of weeks or so...

Your wip looks intruiging. Very medieval. =)

Heidi said...

Here in Germany we are getting tons of rain too. I like your medieval WIP. :o)

Michelle said...

Camelot Sampler looks fantastic. Such beautiful detail. Try to stay dry!

Pennie said...

Wow...your jousting stitching is very lovely!! So much detail and the horse looks so majestic!! I know over one can be a pain, but the results are absolutely beautiful.