First up today, a progress pic of PG. This is all of part 6 but only on one side. Part 7 should be up in a couple of days and in March I want to try to get another side caught up. If I can manage that there might be hope for me catching up with the class before the end!
On my Qsnaps at the moment though is Misty Morning Vineyard. I realised a couple of days ago that as of this month MMV has been a WIP for two years, so I've decided to put some wellie into it and get it finished this year. The first pic is before I picked it up.....
...and the second is as of five minutes ago. I'm going to stick with it for a while yet to crank up some mileage on it. I do love this design, but somehow I always get distracted when it's off the frame.
I'm a little bemused by the thread usage on this one though. I bought the kit from ECC, and looking through the floss-away bags yesterday I realised that taking into account how much I've used and how much I have left to stitch, I'm going to have around 11 or 12 unused skeins! Most of the colours that call for 2 skeins I almost certainly won't be breaking into the second one. As an example of what I'm talking about, I've nearly finished the RG 21 (copper) and still have 2 unused skeins of it and enough left on the 3rd to finish up what I'm doing. Strangely though, the NPIs have been pretty much spot on. I can't help but think how much I could have saved on the kit (AU$68 - US$54 at US prices!!!), but of course you have no idea in advance how much you will use and I wouldn't want to get caught out with dyelot problems by buying one and then discovering I needed two. I suppose the spare skeins will come in useful for something else sometime.