Tuesday, February 27, 2007

First up today, a progress pic of PG. This is all of part 6 but only on one side. Part 7 should be up in a couple of days and in March I want to try to get another side caught up. If I can manage that there might be hope for me catching up with the class before the end!
On my Qsnaps at the moment though is Misty Morning Vineyard. I realised a couple of days ago that as of this month MMV has been a WIP for two years, so I've decided to put some wellie into it and get it finished this year. The first pic is before I picked it up.....
...and the second is as of five minutes ago. I'm going to stick with it for a while yet to crank up some mileage on it. I do love this design, but somehow I always get distracted when it's off the frame.

I'm a little bemused by the thread usage on this one though. I bought the kit from ECC, and looking through the floss-away bags yesterday I realised that taking into account how much I've used and how much I have left to stitch, I'm going to have around 11 or 12 unused skeins! Most of the colours that call for 2 skeins I almost certainly won't be breaking into the second one. As an example of what I'm talking about, I've nearly finished the RG 21 (copper) and still have 2 unused skeins of it and enough left on the 3rd to finish up what I'm doing. Strangely though, the NPIs have been pretty much spot on. I can't help but think how much I could have saved on the kit (AU$68 - US$54 at US prices!!!), but of course you have no idea in advance how much you will use and I wouldn't want to get caught out with dyelot problems by buying one and then discovering I needed two. I suppose the spare skeins will come in useful for something else sometime.

7 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on both gardens! They look fantastic:)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Pompeii! Your MMV is looking beautiful too...so glad you are making some progress on it.

Carol said...

Those are some lovely Chatelaines you have going there - very impressive :-)

Yany said...

Is great to see your lovely MMV againg!! I'm sure you'll be finishing it this year.(I got the kit almost at the same time that you, I must give some love to mine too ;) )

Sheila said...

Pompeii Garden is looking fantastic, and your MMV is coming along great too.
You are spurring me on to get back into MVI one of these days (can't remember it's proper name now) - if you can do it, so can I - LOL! Need to find where I've stored my giant scroll rods.

Kathy said...

Oh wow Pomp is looking great and Misty Morning is fab, I will have to add this to my wish list.

Hugs xxxxx

Carol said...

You are so right Gill! I stitched ants on Bug Collector too! Forgot all about that! (That was a fun stitch, wasn't it?)