Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's been quite a week! On Monday I saw my younger brother married at last. It was a thoroughly lovely affair - one of the nicest weddings I've been to. The sun shone and the ceremony was held overlooking the Pacific ocean - they couldn't have picked a lovelier setting. The bride looked radiant and the two of them are so obviously in love it was a delight to watch. They get to do it all again next month in Slovakia for the benefit of the bride's family.

I'm afraid I don't have a vast amount of stitching to show you because much of my stitching time has been taken up with stitching and constructing another gift, which is now winging it's way over the ocean to it's new owner. That's not much of a clue because everywhere is over the ocean from here! LOL. Here is what progress I've made on Pompeji. There was more backstitching than there looks in this part and it seemed to take forever. I'll finish that tree on the left today. The one on the right is finished but the photo makes it look like there's gaps.

4 comments:

Carol said...

So glad your brother had a beautiful wedding :-)

Heidi said...

congrats to your brother and new SIL! Glad it was a success. Pompei is coming out great, I always liked this design. :o)

cathymk said...

Pompeii is looking stunning!

Congratulations to your brother and Sister in law - sounds like a wonderful wedding.

Christine said...

congratulations gill for that wedding. It's good having happy moments in family !

I looooooooooooooooooooove your garden. it makes me dreaming. For my pompejan garden (still waiting), i will take a blue fabric like you.