Saturday, February 10, 2007

She's finished!


WooHoo! I put the last beads in this afternoon! I converted most of them to delicas, the pebble beads are switched for swarovski crystals and there are seed pearls around her hem. And my goodness does she sparkle! I took the photo outside in the sunshine to try to capture it but I didn't really succeed. I'm quite pleased with her though. She's stitched on Kiwi Customs 'Southern Star' cashel. Excuse the camera strap at the bottom - I'm a stitcher - not a photographer! lol

My second PIF gift has been received - I sent it to Jules (http://torkardthreads.blogspot.com/) and I'll let you see it on her blog, because she took a much better photo of it than I did. It's called Dutch Sampler Scissor Keeper.

16 comments:

Name: Vicki said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! You did a wonderful job!

Carol said...

Oh Gill! Stargazer is so beautiful - congratulations! And the scissor keeper for Jules is amazing! You do such nice work!

Stitchie Kiwi said...

Oh wow she is gorgeous, I think she will be my next Mirabilia WIP to pick up again :)

Are you able to give me your Delica conversion?

Congratulations on a beautiful finish :)

Heidi said...

Wonderful! :o)

cathymk said...

Congratulations on finishing Stargazer - she looks fantastic!

What a sweet scissor keeper! You do lovely finishing!

Michelle said...

She's beautiful Gill!! And she definately looks better small than large, more delicate. You have (as usual) done a wonderful stitch.

Erica said...

Gorgeous! Well done! Congrats on the finish.

Goldie said...

Oh Gill, she is absolutely gorgeous! The fabric is perfect! Congratulations! How's the cow quilt coming along? :)

Jacqui said...

OH WOW!!! I'm really impressed. She's beautiful.

Carla said...

oh wow she's gorgeous!!! Congratulations :)

Sharon said...

Utterly gorgeous! congratulations!

Faith Ann said...

Wow... she's beautiful!!

Sam said...

She's absolutely gorgeous Gill - congratulations! :o)

stitcherw said...

Your Stargazer turned out gorgeous, what a great finish.
Sue

Michelle said...

Congrats on such a gorgeous finish! I love that you put Delicas and Swarovskis on her, just exquisite!

Pam said...

Oh, she turned out so pretty! She's on my favorite fabric also. Your PIF gift looks fabulous, what a lucky Jules, and the finishing is just perfect!