Friday, February 02, 2007

Whey hey! I'm back on Broadband - such a relief! I've lost count of how many times in the last couple of weeks or so I've tried to look at someone's pictures/HDs etc, and given up in frustration because it took so long to download.

You would think that with my enforced internet diet I would have made huge progress stitching wise, wouldn't you? And you'd be wrong....LOL. Well, I suppose I kind of did, with Caroline and the gifts I stitched. But here's my less-than-impressive progress on Pompeii.....


Pathetic isn't it, given all the stitching time I've had? I think I need a break to recharge my batteries, so this weekend I'm going to work on Stargazer and see if I can see off a good chunk of that. I've only got the frilly nonsense at the bottom of her dress, and the beads to go.

On the subject of Chatelaines, I'm so happy that Martina has finally released the chart for Evening In The Park! I love that design and have been quite impatient for it's release. As soon as our finances get back on an even keel (buying a house is such a money pit!!!) I'm going to get the chart, and then ask Pete for the kit for my birthday in June! I can't wait!

In other news.....my baby girl stated High School this week! I can't believe it! Louise herself was very nervous about it. I took her in the first day and parents etc were invited to stay for the intro meeting, so little Peter and I sat at the back of hall (Pete had to work). Louise of course didn't know anyone as we've only just moved into the area, so she was sitting by herself and she looked so young and alone, I wanted to snatch her up and take her home.....by the end of the day of course she'd made several new friends and was bubbling over with how great it all was!

11 comments:

Karin said...

Pompeii is looking fantastic - every time I see one of Martina's designs, I want to stitch it, and this is no exception

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back online! Pompeji is slow going at my house too :( Love the design, but like you, I think I'm a lil burned out on it. Good thing MX part 2 is out ;) LOL
TTFN
Kimber
360.yahoo.com/lilchefkimi

Jenn said...

Pompeji is looking good. I love the colors in it and the fabric you are stitching it on is perfect.

Michelle said...

Glad you got your Broadband sorted out. Your Pompeii is looking beautiful! So pretty!

Stitchie Kiwi said...

Welcome back :D

Pompeii is looking good - I'll look forward to seeing Stargazer, I need to drag mine out too, I think she will be next after Ashley's Roses.

Hope High School continues to be good, it's such a big step!

Pam said...

Well, I think you got quite a bit done on Pompeii myself, but given that I'm such a slow stitcher, that could be why it looks like a lot ;) Looking forward to seeing Stargazer, she is so pretty. Oh how I remember the high school days, but sounds like she's off to a good start already. Glad to see you back!

Jacqui said...

Welcome back from the land of dialup. So glad your daughter seems to be settling into her new school. Love Pompeji, the colours are fantastic.

Alison said...

Glad that Louise is settling in well to HS. My DD also started this week. Nice stitching too BTW.

Pennie said...

No...the opposite should be true. You had less time to stitch because it took the dial up so long to load everything. =)

Pompeii is absolutely beautiful and I envy anyone who does Chatelaines...they're so intricate.

Glad your move is going well and life is getting back to normal for you.

Kathy said...

wow you have almost caught up on that hun. I still havea ways to go but will get there, almost onto part 2. Phew lol

Hugs xxxx

Christine said...

I love you Pompeji Garden. I like very much your fabric color choice.
It looks so beautiful ! I would like to begin mine but i have so much others WIP.