Thursday, March 15, 2007



Here's the latest shot of Pompeji...just the trees on each side and I'll be done with part 7, and the trees seem to stitch up reasonably quickly. If I can keep this up with a villa a month, I should have caught up by the end of May. Hooray!

I haven't really been stitching so much this week. In the interests of weightloss and improving my general fitness, I've been trying to be a bit more active. In the last few years I seem to have become quite sedentary (which undoubtedly explains my weight problem!) and it's time I did something about it. So instead of jumping in the car for every little trip I've started walking instead. I walked into town today, and I actually really enjoyed it! The sun was shining, there was a bit of a breeze so it wasn't too hot, council workmen were mowing the grass in the parks so there was a lovely smell of newly cut grass for much of my walk....it was lovely!

Pete will be back tomorrow evening after being away all week - hooray!!! I'm going to Dragonfly Dreams (an LNS) to meet up with the girls on Saturday - hooray!!! It's all good. Still waiting for Martina to approve me to the group for Medieval Illuminated Sampler though....I wish she was a bit quicker with these things.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Great progress on Pompeii! It is looking beautiful. And good for you starting to get out and walk...that's fantastic!

ollie1976 said...

It looks great!

Carol said...

Wow, PG is gorgeous! I never would have made it through that one - too much dense stitching!! I am so jealous of you going to Dragonfly Dreams! Please say hi to Karen, the owner for me, she is my BF!!!! Thank you!

jymisgurl said...

It's gorgeous! The colors are so beautiful!

Carla said...

Pompeji is looking great!!!

Nicola said...

The stitching is looking great! The rich colours are gorgeous! Enjoy walking in the lovely sunshine.

Christine said...

I love it !!!

Sam said...

PG looks fab Gill - such beautiful rich colours. I'm sure you'll manage a villa a month and get caught up. :o)

catandturtle said...

Pompeii looks wonderful. The colors are so amazing. Ann.

Klementina said...

Hi!
Wonderful craft!
I found a site with a lot of free patterns - visit and enjoy!
Stitch gallery