Wednesday, March 07, 2007





OK, so I didn't quite manage to stick to my resolve to work only on MMV and Pompeji, but as this only took a day I don't feel too guilty! You know how much I love needlebooks....well, I stitched the tryout for Chatelaine Sampler Mystery 3 and then - being me - decided to make a needlebook out of it. And because I never know where to stop Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I added a few extra beads and a twisted cord edging. This was my first attempt at twisted cord, and I'd give it a 5 out of 10 - could do better....Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting But I think the whole thing came out quite pretty anyway.
*********************************************************************************


Have you seen this new design by Lynne Nicoletti? I love it to pieces! It's only recently that I taught my kids to make those fortune tellers, and I think this is such a cool idea! This is definitely going on my wishlist.
**************************************
I haven't been too well today. I think I'm coming down with a virus of some kind. My lymph glands are swollen and my skin feels kind of hypersensitive, and I just feel generally a bit blech. I hope it clears up soon.
Little Pete's check up went OK, although they did find a heart valve that's leaking more than they thought it would be from what the UK doctors had said. It's nothing too serious but they want to keep a bit more of an eye on it.

10 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Your finish looks fantastic Gill! Martina always gives us such wonderful tryout pieces.

Heidi said...

I like your needlebook, you did a great job! And the fortune teller is cute too, never thought to make one of those from xs, though I remenber doing them as a child. :o)

Faith Ann said...

Glad the checkup was okay and that they're going to keep an eye on things. I hope you're feeling better!!

The needlebook looks wonderful!

Wow, that LN piece is a really cool idea for a project.lazvn

Carol said...

That is so beautiful Gill!

Yany said...

Gill, I hope you get better soon, hugs!!
I love your needlebook, is very pretty!!

jymisgurl said...

Your needlebook is gorgeous!

Terri said...

What a wonderful little fortune teller! I haven't seen it before. Congrats on your own piece and hugs to help you feel better soon.

cathymk said...

What a cool piece - I love the fortune teller - it looks like it would be a great conversation piece.

Sampler mystery III is very tempting, I love the WIPs I've seen on the Chatelaine Board. Your needlebooks is just wonderful.

Carla said...

ohhh those fortune tellers are so cute!!...I loved to do these when I was little :)

Your needlebook is gorgeous!!

Jacqui said...

Love the bookmark.