Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saying goodbye to an old friend


As I type this post, I can barely see for the tears. Tonight, our kitty Claude was killed by a car.
I was getting worried because he normally comes running when he's called, but tonight he didn't so we went out to look for him. After a brief search, Pete found him. He wouldn't let me see him, but he says there's not much doubt he died quickly.
We adopted him from a shelter 10 years ago. He was one spoiled rotten cat, and we loved him. It's now twenty past one in the morning - I can't sleep. I keep turning over in my mind how I'm going to break the news to the children in the morning. They will be devastated.
Goodbye old friend. You will be sorely missed.

17 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Gill, I'm so sorry. {{hugs}}

Yany said...

I'm so sorry Gill, hugs and kisses for you and your family

Michelle said...

I'm sorry Gill. I like animals more than most people so I truly understand.

Jenn L said...

{{{hugs}}}} for Pete and Gill. Claude, rest easy on the other side of the Bridge.

cathymk said...

So Sorry Gill. There is no doubt Claude will be sorely missed by your family. (hugs)

prechrzkid said...

I'm so sorry Gill. Hugs to all of you.

Carla said...

I'm so sorry...(((hugs)))

Jenn said...

Oh Gill I'm so sorry. {{{hugs}}}

Alison said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Gill. I'm glad though that you didn't see him. Trust me in this. We've lost our last 3 cats on the road which is why we now have a cat run built from the back of the house into the yard.

Carol said...

Oh no Gill! I am so terribly sorry!! It is so sad to lose such a pet - my thoughts are with you - {{{hugs}}}

Name: Vicki said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. I don't know what I will do when something happens to one of my puppies! Hugs to you and your whole family!

Juls said...

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))) You are all in my thoughts! Take care!

Sam said...

Gill, I'm so sorry to hear about Claude. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you, Pete and the kids, keeping you in my thoughts xxx

jymisgurl said...

I'm so sorry! It's always hard. Hugs!

ollie1976 said...

OMG-I am so sorry

catandturtle said...

I am so so sorry about Claude. I have 3 cats and the thought of losing any of them is heart breaking. I did lose Meows (the one in the pic with the turtle) 3 years ago so I feel your sorrow. I am so sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you. Ann.

Sharon said...

Gill, I am so sorry to hear about Claude-thinking of you.