Saturday, March 17, 2007

What a great day today was! I went up to Dragonfly Dreams in Katoomba - what a brilliant shop! I really wish I lived closer! Here's a picture of me with the owner,


Karen, who is really lovely. I didn't buy a huge amount (although I could have very easily!) because finances are a bit tight at the moment. I got the Cat's Whiskers stitching chair chart, a Little House Needleworks chart called Woodland Sampling, and some fabric and a few threads for some of my Chatelaines - some are for Sampler Mystery 3 and the others are for Illuminated Medieval Sampler. Karen has heaps of Chatelaines framed on the walls of the shop, and I loved being able to see them finished! I was particularly taken with Watergarden, which never really called to me until I saw it IRL. I would have bought it if I'd been a bit flusher. And I loved the thread room - I could have spent some serious cash in there! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Afterwards I went to lunch with some other stitchers, and I got to meet Kirsten from Gift of Stitching Magazine and Jo from Dinky Dyes. Then I wandered back to Dragonfly Dreams to wait for my lift home (Pete had driven up and then taken the kids off elsewhere for a few hours), and I got to have a long chat with Karen since the shop was a lot quieter by then. (Carol - we tried to get hold of you but you weren't on line!) What a fun day it was!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, looks like you had a lot of fun, what a lovely day!

Faith Ann said...

That sounds like a great day... and a fantastic shop. You're lucky to have found such a nice LNS so close to home! Could be dangerous for the pocketbook LOL.

Kath said...

What a nice day you had. Some cute stash in there too.

Carol said...

Sorry I missed you two! I must have been stitching, of course! Glad you had such a nice time!

sugardoll said...

Lucky girl! Look at all that goodies! =)